just got my first rat rod started

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rustbucketracin

its a 41 chevy pickup with lots of rust
old002.jpg

its the one on the right. would take al the help i can get to get it on the road this yr.
i have a 350 out of me drag car. and 9in rearend. plus the cab.
thank you

nice start on a rat. is the bottom of it rusted out? Anyways, I'm sure this thing will turn into one badass ride.

You gotta keep that spotlight as it.......too cool. :D Looks like a good start, and you already have the motor and rear end. Keep us posted on how it's going, we LOVE pictures. :D:D

Don

Oh, BTW, the rust colored pickup in this picture is one of my all time favs and I think it is a 41 Chevy cab. The nose is Terraplane, but the cab is Chevy. Just to give you some ideas. :D:D

Don

It's not the one in front, but second one back in the picture.

Attachments

• bobber.jpg
    bobber.jpg
    66.3 KB · Views: 69
Oh, BTW, the rust colored pickup in this picture is one of my all time favs and I think it is a 41 Chevy cab. The nose is Terraplane, but the cab is Chevy. Just to give you some ideas. :D:D

Don

It's not the one in front, but second one back in the picture.

Here's a better picture of that truck. A little big I know but I can't resize right now. I'll fix it later.

Welcome to the site. What are your plans? you know, frame? Chop? suspension? The cab is very close to my 39. You have lots of choices for direction.

Some more of the truck Gastrick posted.

Attachments

• 2-13-2006-22%20%28Custom%29.jpg
    2-13-2006-22%20%28Custom%29.jpg
    47.4 KB · Views: 29
  • 2-13-2006-23%20%28Custom%29.jpg
    2-13-2006-23%20%28Custom%29.jpg
    48.3 KB · Views: 37
  • 2-13-2006-24%20%28Custom%29.jpg
    2-13-2006-24%20%28Custom%29.jpg
    13.5 KB · Views: 32
I have a 41 that i have been working on for a while [budget built]
I used an s-10 front [strait axle would have been nicer ]and rear endtoo,and it seems to have worked out well so fare.
That cab you got looks real good from the pic! Are you gonna chop it ?And what kind of frame and running gear are you going with ?
Ther are a lot of those being built now [theres a quite a few on here too ]should be easy to get plenty of helpand ideas!
I think theres a bunch on killbillet too,i look there some but havent joined.
Try t keep us posted when you start to build !
Man i seen a convertadle roadster lookin one some where on here and man it looked good ! if i hadnt already chopped mine i would have don that for sure.
If i can find you a pic i'll put it up ,it was going to be a t-bucket style when he got it done! Here is a pic of mine so fare.
41rat.jpg

Great start!!!

Rustbucket,
That's a great start... be sure to keep us in the loop on u're build! Thanks for savin' some old tin!!!

BoB

chopper tom "Man i seen a convertadle roadster"
i would like to see that pics if you find it.

i what to chop the top like 4 inches and sat the cab like 2 inches offthe ground. i mayuse air shocks or bags. i dont know about the frame yet. s10 sounds easyer then making one ,but i likie the straight front axle look. thank you guys.
i liked the pics so i will post all mine on there.

chopper tom "Man i seen a convertadle roadster"
i would like to see that pics if you find it.

i what to chop the top like 4 inches and sat the cab like 2 inches offthe ground. i mayuse air shocks or bags. i dont know about the frame yet. s10 sounds easyer then making one ,but i likie the straight front axle look. thank you guys.
i liked the pics so i will post all mine on there.
I finally found them ,here ya go!I forgot the guys name but the trucks gonna be awsome when its done!!I think this guy is on kb some ?
34pu011.jpg

34pu008.jpg

I have a 41 that i have been working on for a while [budget built]
I used an s-10 front [strait axle would have been nicer ]and rear endtoo,and it seems to have worked out well so fare.
That cab you got looks real good from the pic! Are you gonna chop it ?And what kind of frame and running gear are you going with ?
Ther are a lot of those being built now [theres a quite a few on here too ]should be easy to get plenty of helpand ideas!
I think theres a bunch on killbillet too,i look there some but havent joined.
Try t keep us posted when you start to build !
Man i seen a convertadle roadster lookin one some where on here and man it looked good ! if i hadnt already chopped mine i would have don that for sure.
If i can find you a pic i'll put it up ,it was going to be a t-bucket style when he got it done! Here is a pic of mine so fare.
41rat.jpg

Tom, the picture, uhm..it's... well it looks like..black

Sorry about the pic,still not to good with this digital stuff?
Like to see some progress pics rustbucketracin, get on the ball and start doin some cuttin !

Latest posts

Back