Just Had Some Excitement Here

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

donsrods

I was ready to take a shower, to go over to the shop, and I started hearing someone slamming a door on one of the other apartment units really hard. I am always jumping on one of the other people who live here because they think nothing of slamming a door at midnight or whatever.

Anyway, the slamming kept up, so I got dressed and walked over to one of the other apartments to complain, and I see the door is smashed in. I ran back to my apartment to get my cell phone, and when I got back out there a black guy is running away from the door that is broken in. I yelled at him, but of course he kept running down the stairs. I called the condo managers and they got the cops here. Looks like all they got was a watch, necklace, and wallet, the cop says, according to the owner of the apartment.

Good thing the guy didn't try kicking in my door today, I am home, and so is my .38. Right now I might be answering a lot of questions about whether I felt I had to shoot or not. :eek: I figure if they have the guts to kick in my door, I would prefer to not take any chances, and to ask questions later.

These d*** drugs are fueling all this crime stuff. No one is safe anymore.

Don

Glad you are OK Don,
Next time go complain with the 38... I like to do that kind of business with a 45 though.....I'm just kiddin Don.....

Reguardless of what it takes, I will do whatever it takes to keep my family safe.. If it means shoot first and ask questions later then so be it...

i do not disagree with you flat. just know the rules of engagement before you engage. they say if you have time to go and get your gun then you had time to run. on that note gentlemen, i bid ya'll goodnight.

james

they say if you have time to go and get your gun then you had time to run. on that note gentlemen, i bid ya'll goodnight.

james

You should never have to flee the safety of your home, if someone invades that space, they don't have anything good in mind. I typically carry one of my handguns from room to room with me in the house. It's no real point of having it if you can't get to it fast & you can never predict where the forced entry will be.

Don, you may want to look into getting some sort of bar or brace to keep it from being kicked in, I'm sure you can fab something up.

I like the rule of the old west shoot first, ask questions later.

Cycledog,
Now u're talkin' about Tejas bud. We just passed some new gun laws here so people can defend themselves & not face harsh prosecution. People here get shot on the freeways frequently for flippin' the wrong person off... & that is NO joke. I have 3 9's, & a 12 gauge. Once some one was raisin' hell on my porch late at night & after I cocked my 12 gauge I looked out on my porch & guess who was there... NOBODY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Here in Tejas... we likes our guns!!!

BoB

Last edited:
I pitty the fool that tries to get between me and the 3 of my kids!!! :eek:
Flat can grab them while I beat them to a bloody pulp...Never stand between a Momma and her babies!

Glad they didn't try your door! Glad you are ok too!

Don ?
Fab skillz ?
You must have him confused with someone else........

He can fab stuff fine, he just has to get his son to do the final welds :D

Cycledog,
Now u're talkin' about Tejas bud.......

Here in Tejas... we likes our guns!!!

BoB

I still live in Texas, I haven't given up on our senators just yet, I wrote them some emails today about illegal immigration & border security. I for one am in no hurry to learn or speak Spanish. Oh wait, I'm not even going to get political...sorry, still riled up about all the amnesty crap the liberals are trying to pass to let all the criminals stay here & suck up our tax dollars while they send money home tax free for retirement.

He can fab stuff fine, he just has to get his son to do the final welds :D

Boy, you got my number. :D :D :D I could weld them, but it would be easy to kick in the door.

About a month ago we had a shooting here in the condo complex. A guy who is a bar or club owner came home at about 2:30 am, and saw a suspicious car following him. He went up the stairs to his apartment, and heard foot steps coming up the steps behind him, so he ran into his apartment and locked the door. Two guys with ski masks and automatic weapons kicked down the door, but the guy inside the apartment also had an automatic weapon. He unloaded 30 rounds, and one guy dropped right there, and the other ran down the stairs and died in his car with 12 rounds in him.

I LOVE instant justice. BTW, obviously nothing happened legally to the victim, and he was unhurt in the shootout.

Don

:cool: Thumbs up!

Our Mayor, about a year ago, told the people of Alabama to go purchase a gun and keep it in your home and use it if that is the only way to protect yourself and your family. I agree 100%!! We do not have one because Flat and I and our 3 kids are too mean! Me, I'd rather beat the crap out of someone bad enough that when they move a certian way for the rest of their pittiful little lives they will have to think of me!

Reminds me of the bumper sticker Flat brought home to me one day. It reads:
A** Kickin' Redneck B**ch!

I love it!
:D

About a month ago we had a shooting here in the condo complex. A guy who is a bar or club owner came home at about 2:30 am, and saw a suspicious car following him. He went up the stairs to his apartment, and heard foot steps coming up the steps behind him, so he ran into his apartment and locked the door. Two guys with ski masks and automatic weapons kicked down the door, but the guy inside the apartment also had an automatic weapon. He unloaded 30 rounds, and one guy dropped right there, and the other ran down the stairs and died in his car with 12 rounds in him.

I LOVE instant justice. BTW, obviously nothing happened legally to the victim, and he was unhurt in the shootout.

Don

A *perfect* example of "Natural Selection". Bad genes have now been removed from the gene pool! I love sweet justice. We recently had some punks do a home invasion here... that home belonged to a cop. Luckily the cop had his shotgun handy! Cop 2 - morons 0. Both died @ the scene. Again... Natural Selection! ; - >

BoB

Like you said Don,It was a good thing he wasnt kicking my door.It would have been the most rude awkining that he would have ever had.Thank god that you are ok.He would have had a Whole Safe Full Of Firepower all in his face at the same time.

Don, glad to hear nothing happened to you.

I dont own a gun, however have been contemplating it for some time now. I dont live in the worst area, but by no means am I leaving my doors open at night either. One thing I always worried about was my enclosed race trailer and the racecar and hauler, etc. being screwed with. More so than that, I worried about the house/raceshop while we were away at the track each week.

Sadly enough, I dont have neighbors with enough balls to care what happens to a fellow neighbors property. Its a shame whats happened to society over the years. People used to look out for one another, at least thats what I always was taught.

Still, glad your a'ok, Don.

Thanks guys. One of the maintenance guys saw the guy running and was able to give the cops a better description than I was. Said the thief had a mouth full of gold teeth. Now I know how he paid for them.:mad: :mad:

Hey Dirtracer, where is Plum Pa? I'm from around Pittsburgh originally, and it seems familiar, but I can't place it.

Don

Duh, I shoulda remembered that. I lived in Turtle Creek for a while, and Irwin too.:eek:

My Girlfriend at the time and I went back there about 5 years ago to check out the old stomping grounds. Boy, things have changed since I left in '82. They have cleaned up Pittsburgh really well too, fish are even coming back in the river. :D :D

Don

Latest posts

Back