Just Had Some Excitement Here

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Duh, I shoulda remembered that. I lived in Turtle Creek for a while, and Irwin too.:eek:

My Girlfriend at the time and I went back there about 5 years ago to check out the old stomping grounds. Boy, things have changed since I left in '82. They have cleaned up Pittsburgh really well too, fish are even coming back in the river. :D :D

Don

Yeah, but I bet the fish still have 3 eyes! haha

I'll be honest, if I had the scratch, I'd move outta Penna. Some of the latest stats we're hearing is PA is the 2nd oldest state as far as average age goes (only behind FLA.). Not to mention last I heard close to 47% of "young people" were leaving the state after graduating college. Granted not all of the students leaving lived in PA to begin with however. Just kinda sad I think.

Yeah, I was born and raised there, but could never take the cold. Moved to North Carolina, then California, and finally ended up here in Florida. I've never looked back.

Another thing that bothered me was the overly restrictive hot rod laws. When I lived there you could virtually do nothing to a car and not risk a ticket. Even lowering or raising were forbidden, and you had to have fenders, hood, etc.

When we moved, I was hated by my In-laws for having the nerve to think of moving away from Pa. (getting rid of them was one benefit of the divorce :D ) It was just accepted that nobody ever moved away. You stayed in the same town, worked at the same mill, drank at the same bar, etc. Typical small town mentality.

There was a lot I liked about living there too, but I would never move back.......mainly because of the winters.

Don

I know exactly what you mean! From what I understand, they have, within the last year, allowed any pre '48 vehicle WITH a Hot Rod plate, to run without fenders. Until now, you absolutely had to have fenders and all the other bull crap to really limit creativity with your automobile. Hell, they are just now talking about allowing you to run BLUE DOT tail lights! What the hell is wrong with having blue dots on your ride? :confused:

There is still a few laws on how low or high your vehicle can be. I have a state inspection license and used to know the laws off the top of my head, but havent had to do any of that in a few years, so I cant recall what it is for sure.

As for the weather, I cant stand it, not to mention the roads are terrible, hardly the kinda place you wanna run around the streets in your hot rod or classic and blow out a wide white cuz of a pot hole. :mad:

I could go on and on, but I dont wanna come off as someone thats just mad at the world. lol I havent been around all that long, I'm only 24, but my father is 64 and the best part about that is the stories and everything that he tells me about that way things were, in the 50's and so on.

Latest posts

Back