Just Lurking, thought I'd say Hello

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pistolpete

Well the short and skinny, names Pete, live in Ontario Canada. Work in a General Contractors office, doing estimating and project management. I am coming from a Jeep background, but as the tree huggers are getting their way and slowly closing down the remaining access we have to trails up here, debating, reasearching and getting back to a hobby I have always viewed from afar with a more then admiration. I have always loved hot rods, more so on the ratty side to be exact. As soon as I can unload the Jeep I will be looking for a project, leaning towards a late 20's early 30's 4 door sedan, with a little one on the way figure an activity that can involve the whole family will live longer in the garage then a two seater (but would provide a good excuse to get away now and then). Pretty sketchy on actual plans, builing it in my head so I can get a good idea of what I am looking for, so just researching, reading, reading and some more reading just to get it somewhat figured out before I dive in.

So yeah thats it in a nutshell, so if ya know anyone interested in a fairly capable offroad rig... (j/k would be a pita to get accross the boarder I am sure).;)

Cheers!
Pistolpete

^^ That's the plan, sell the TJ and buy some shop tools, and then hunt for just the right project.

^ No worries on the pictures, a few of my Jeep buddies refer to me as an "asian on vacation". Usually have a camera with me everywhere I go for some reason.

Hi, Pistolpete, glad to have you join us. I'm about a half hour from you. Did you make it to the Unfinished Nationals in Paris this past Sunday ? If not, go to the "Photos" section; I posted 25 pics of what you may have missed.

Hi, Pistolpete, glad to have you join us. I'm about a half hour from you. Did you make it to the Unfinished Nationals in Paris this past Sunday ? If not, go to the "Photos" section; I posted 25 pics of what you may have missed.

Where abouts do you live? I'm in Stratford... and no I didnt make it out to Paris, to be honest I hadnt heard about it at all. I am pretty new to actually following the hotrod scene, so I will have to keep my ear to the ground for shows in our part of the world.

Thanks for the warm welcome, hopefully before too long I can start rolling and get some pictures up. Although may be a while as I am still searching for just the right project...

Last edited:
Pistolpete, Welcome aboard. I'm another one not far from you, a hour or so southwest. Been to and through Stratford many times. Sniper

Welcome aboard Pete.

the trick in hotrodding (for me anyway) is to stop looking and the project will come to you. or show itself when you least expect it.

good luck either way.

Where abouts do you live? I'm in Stratford... and no I didnt make it out to Paris, to be honest I hadnt heard about it at all. I am pretty new to actually following the hotrod scene, so I will have to keep my ear to the ground for shows in our part of the world.

Thanks for the warm welcome, hopefully before too long I can start rolling and get some pictures up. Although may be a while as I am still searching for just the right project...

Woodstock area. The Unfinished Nationals are the first Sunday in June at the Paris Fairgrounds. Didn't get a count this year but probably 200 cars/trucks or so were there.

Woodstock area. The Unfinished Nationals are the first Sunday in June at the Paris Fairgrounds. Didn't get a count this year but probably 200 cars/trucks or so were there.

Up until January I was working in Innerkip.

Just to ask, know of any other decent shows in the area coming up?

I have been going down to St Catherines the secong weekend of July the last couple years, as there is a decent sized show, and then hit up Hot Rod Hootenanny at the Mansion House for some Roackabilly/Psychobilly bands.

FlatBroke: Thats the way most things are in life. Im not really actively looking persay, just keeping an eye out and ear to the ground. Always looking for that illusive field/barn find. Although thats getting pretty rare.

Thanks again guys for the warm welcome. And for the couple local guys hopefully we cross paths someday sooner then later.

Up until January I was working in Innerkip.

Just to ask, know of any other decent shows in the area coming up?

I have been going down to St Catherines the secong weekend of July the last couple years, as there is a decent sized show, and then hit up Hot Rod Hootenanny at the Mansion House for some Roackabilly/Psychobilly bands.

Small world. I live in Innerkip. Didn't think there was any work to do here in the village !! Don't know of any shows upcoming in the area; wasn't aware of any shows in St. Kitts in July. I'm always at a family reunion that weekend anyway.

Well it was half way between Innerkip and Woodstock, was at Ontario Harvestore....

The show in St. Kitts, is actually pretty big, they close down the a pretty big part of the downtown, about 15-20 blocks worth of it. Not a whole lot of rat type cars there the last few years, maybe 10 or so last year, but a fair amount of cars were there.

Latest posts

Back