Just popping in to let people know I've joined...

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Was this port too lonbg?

• Yes, it was too long. We didn't want a book.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

truckmen

Hello all,

Just a few words to get started.

My name is Ralph. I am married to my newly-wedded bride, Alina; we live in Bucksport, Maine. Half the time, I am away making money at sea on a drillship. The other half, I am squeezing in time in the shop aside from work to be done on our old Cape and the property.

I have a little hobby called "Penobscot Packards". My wife and I have three '55 Packards, one is a 2-dr "Four Hundred" and the other two are Clippers (a 2-dr and a 4-dr).

We also have a 1st gen Charger (needing an interior), a '50 Desoto Deluxe Carryall that we had recently purchased and driven from Denver to Maine (last October).
We have a few more cars sitting around waiting there turn in the shop including an old '51 Frazer, a '60 Dodge Seneca 4-dr post car witha slant 6 and 3-speed on the column, and a '55 Buick Century 2-dr hardtop.

I am working on bringing my bodywork skills back up to "par" as I time allows and currently (at this writing-Winter/Spring 2013) we have a '65 Rambler Marlin inside the shop. I am repairing the whole left side after an old apparent side-swipe accident along with other damage involving cutting out much of the rear quarter, etc.

Anyway, the reason I came here was the interest in rat rods. I have at least one Packard that is just begging to have this treatment done to it. and I think this old Clipper might look quite nice.

Please say hello and add me as a friend. Any Mainers out there?

Ralph M Bohm

Welcome to the site
I voted (just right) because, there wasn't one to check that said; newbie didn't post no pics [ddd

Welcome to RRR, post up some pics! If tou think your post was to long wait till you see some from torch, also known as torchman!:D:D:D:D:D:D

Welcome from sunny New Mexico.
Lets see some pics.
An old Packard is the first vehicle I can remember
my mom and dad having.
Yes I'm old.

POPS

Welcome to the site
I voted (just right) because, there wasn't one to check that said; newbie didn't post no pics [ddd

Hey, can you post some too?

Okay, here's one of the 50 Desoto my wife and I drove from Denver to Maine this past October. The car is a 50 Carryall and it hadn't run since 1987. We flew out with some money and a box of tools. After 10 days of working on the car, we started driving!
It took us more than 2 weeks to get home breaking down all along the way and getting her going again sometimes on the side of the road :)

IMGP2394.jpg

Will post some more photos but for now...

... I am still aboard my drillship here in Holland and my company has blocked access to various website including my PhotoBucket site where the links refer to.

I am due to fly to Houston this coming Monday for training for a week before heading home to Maine so, I will post photos of some of my projects while in my hotel room after class at night.

Ralph

Ralph, this is your thread. What kind of pics would you like posted, hotrod, muscle car, or project :)
I like the adventure you had especially, the way you and your wife went about it :cool:

Nice D'oto you got there! (hood badge) Cool story getting it home too.

Welcome from your neighbor to the left. I voted maybe a little long mostly because I have A.D.D and di.... ooo shiney! (wanders off)[cl

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back