Just saw "American Graffiti"

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sixtall

Just finished watching it about 20 minutes ago. Haven't seen it in about a dozen years. Saw it when it first came out. In fact, I was about the same age then as my kids are now. My 10 year old son could take or leave old cars, but my daughter (11) loves 'em. She even pointed out that the cop car with the "missing" rear end looked like the Ford I sold 5 years ago. She was right, too, although my '61 was a two door boxtop. Any of you guys drool during the wrecking yard scene, too ? By the way, and I'm sure you guys will know, and I'm sure it's been posted on here before, but where is Milner's coupe today ?

Just finished watching it about 20 minutes ago. Haven't seen it in about a dozen years. Saw it when it first came out. In fact, I was about the same age then as my kids are now. My 10 year old son could take or leave old cars, but my daughter (11) loves 'em. She even pointed out that the cop car with the "missing" rear end looked like the Ford I sold 5 years ago. She was right, too, although my '61 was a two door boxtop. Any of you guys drool during the wrecking yard scene, too ? By the way, and I'm sure you guys will know, and I'm sure it's been posted on here before, but where is Milner's coupe today ?

The original Milners coupe? I have no Idea. BUT fear not lil buddy you can find one at just about every cruize night or car show...............:D

Don't quote me on this, but my understanding is, the original coupe is owned by a guy, who also has a clone of the 55 Chevy.......or maybe it is an original 55 from the move. There were 3 cars built for 2 Lane Blacktop.........One, the camera car has been restored as the 2 Lane car..........the other may be the AG car.

Don't quote me on this, but my understanding is, the original coupe is owned by a guy, who also has a clone of the 55 Chevy.......or maybe it is an original 55 from the move. There were 3 cars built for 2 Lane Blacktop.........One, the camera car has been restored as the 2 Lane car..........the other may be the AG car.

Interesting. If it's true I wonder if he shows it, or better yet, drives it.

To the best of my knowlege Rick Figari owns the coupe. If I remember correctly Street Rodder did a piece on him awhile back. I am sure you can google the guys name or Street Rodder to find out more.

Great movie by the way. Saw it when it first came out in theatre in Eureka Ca.

I like the puff of smoke from the 58 when he backs out of the drive in.
I like the cars but frankly the whole plot is kind of frustrating.
I think 2 of the 3 55s still exist. The one they rolled was so obviously a stock 6 banger car with silver painted wheels, which is ok, they didn't wreck the nice one.

Jeff Beck..the english guitarist has a near perfect clone of Milners coupe...along with a couple other real American hot rods.

Speaking of movies with old cars.....any one watch a Christmas Story on Christmas? I couldn't believe where "Ralphie" unloaded on the local bully (beat the tar out of him)....there was a Model A tudor sedan body in the back ground and he walked through a model A roadster body before the fight....plus all the other old stuff in the movie...cool cars in both movies IMHO

Correct me if I'm wrong but I think Roy Brizio restored it just a few years ago. A buddy of mine saw it there when he went to the west coast to a show. Man that movie is 1 of the best car flicks there is. There are clips on you tube of them unloading it out of a trailer after it was redone. Check it out!

I didn't think that it had been fully restored Gearhead. I thought it was just touched up and made mechanically sound. At least that's what I read in an article. The article said that the car is rough and weathered when examined closely. It may have been restored since then though. I lose track of time and can't remember when I read the article.:confused:

I didn't think that it had been fully restored Gearhead. I thought it was just touched up and made mechanically sound. At least that's what I read in an article. The article said that the car is rough and weathered when examined closely. It may have been restored since then though. I lose track of time and can't remember when I read the article.:confused:

I have that article here somewhere myself, though I can't find it right now. However your right, time is getting by on us because I'm pretty sure that that article is at least 4 or 5 yrs old now.

I was about 10 yrs old when that movie came out. I wanted to see it soooooooooo bad I could smell the rubber burning. :D My mom wouldn't hear of it. Said I was to young for it. I was in my twenties before I had a chance to see it start to finish. Thanks mom, you scard me for life. :rolleyes:

I seen it at the drive in when it first came. Or at least part of it. I remember right after that a lot of people were painting there cars and trucks yellow.

Great movie I have it both on VHS and DVD. actually I have it on DVD and the The franchise collection American Graffiti drive-in Double Feature on DVD that was never open.

Jeff Beck..the english guitarist has a near perfect clone of Milners coupe...along with a couple other real American hot rods.

Speaking of movies with old cars.....any one watch a Christmas Story on Christmas? I couldn't believe where "Ralphie" unloaded on the local bully (beat the tar out of him)....there was a Model A tudor sedan body in the back ground and he walked through a model A roadster body before the fight....plus all the other old stuff in the movie...cool cars in both movies IMHO

I was almost sure Jeff Beck has one like it. Remember seeing a blurb on "Car Crazy" about it, I think.

Has anybody ever seen American Graffiti the second movie. It's pretty cool also. There are scenes where Toad A couple guys from the Pharohs are in Vietnam.Bolander and his gal are involved in a protest. Milner is racin a rail job and wins in the end. Sad part is the last scene when Milner crests a hill in the coupe, but dosen't come back up the other side. I cought the movie on Speed when they used to play "lost drive-in" movies on Sat nights. I missed the first 20 min but got the rest on tape.

I seen it at the drive in when it first came. Or at least part of it. I remember right after that a lot of people were painting there cars and trucks yellow. QUOTE]

Is that your car in the third row?:D

Attachments

• driveinsmall.jpg
    driveinsmall.jpg
    36.1 KB · Views: 15

Latest posts

Back