just some fun pix

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The original "Rat Rod!" :p

14294811_1777788642463018_70319345_n.jpg

Ya know when you park your hot rod outside and it rains, and you don't have a hood, and the air cleaner is shaped like a funnel in the center? Well, the rain leaks into the carb and down the intake manifold and into a cylinder that has an open valve. When it stops raining and you go out to start the car and the it won't turn over, you can figure that it hydrolocked. When it hydrolocks, a connecting rod bends under the pressure. Ask me how I know...

Ya know when you park your hot rod outside and it rains, and you don't have a hood, and the air cleaner is shaped like a funnel in the center? Well, the rain leaks into the carb and down the intake manifold and into a cylinder that has an open valve. When it stops raining and you go out to start the car and the it won't turn over, you can figure that it hydrolocked. When it hydrolocks, a connecting rod bends under the pressure. Ask me how I know...

I feel your pain, had a 67 Chevy truck with a hood scoop and a volocity stack air cleaner. Looked just like that. :eek:

Friend of mine had a similar issue...

I feel your pain, had a 67 Chevy truck with a hood scoop and a volocity stack air cleaner. Looked just like that. :eek:

97 GMC truck...he replaced the pressure regulator that is under the plenum...didn't get it in correctly, and flooded the engine with fuel the minute he turned on the key and the fuel pump came on...didn't realize it was filling the cylinders with fuel as he was checking that the pressure would shut down...it didn't so he cranked it anyway....only cranked a couple of times and seized...same result...good thing it didn't fire as there was fuel coming out of the tailpipe and puddling on the floor by that time...:eek:...

Latest posts

Back