Kansas Rodder

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Al B. Bach

My names Carl and I am from just outside Wichita Ks. I have been playing with old cars for a while now but I just got my first Rat Rod and am looking forward to finishing it. I like the look of this site. My car is a 1928 model a that started out as a a 2 door but has had the doors removed and the cowl moved back. The guy I am getting it from had planned on hinging the top but I am just going to get rid of the top and make up a tonneau cover for the interior. I hope to get the car here within the next couple weeks. Since this is my first rat rod I will have questions. I know the top is pretty ugly but it is just sitting on the car right now so it's no big deal

6847_3.jpg

I also have a 1967 Galaxie 500 and a 1967 F-250 4X4. The Galaxie will be for sale or trade soon because I just can't afford to drive it as much as I would like.

IMG_1495.jpg

IMG_1465.jpg

IMG_1005.jpg

Welcome to the site, I hope you get the car and give it a little make over. Your other rides look great. Lots of good tin in your area.

Welcome

Good to have you here! Looks like that A has a Chevy 6 in it? If it is do you any pics of the carb linkage set up? I have a 250 Chevy for my 51 F1 project and I'm trying to sort out the linkage on it. :confused: That Galaxie looks great.:cool: Whats it got in it?

Welcome!

Carl,
Welcome to the forum & glad u found us! Be sure to keep us posted on your progress!!!

BoB

Welcome aboard, this is a great site and we need more members from here in the middle. Oh by the way great looking project.

Thanks for the welcome!

Al B. Bach is my alias in SASS. If you like shooting old guns then you ought to check it out. I plan on finishing the 28 with a gunslinger theme.

www.sassnet.com

dmw56, I actually sent you a message through another forum. I said it didn't have any linkage but I believe it does. When I get the car home I'll get some better pics of the linkage. For now this is the best I can do.

8b6f_3.jpg

8088_3.jpg

8884_3.jpg

The Galaxie has a built 390 in it. It developes lot's of power but just drinks way to much gas for me to enjoy it. I have to put a new distributor and oil pump in it then I will be selling it. I really hate to sell it but I live 50 miles from town and at more than $3 a gallon and less than 10mpg it's just to expensieve.

Geech, it's nice to know there is someone close by.

Being my first rat rod I may have some rather stupid questions. I hope you guys don't mind.

Last edited:
Welcome to RRR ABB. There was another Cowboy Action Shooter that registered here a while back but I don't think he posted anything other than an intro. Good luck with the car.

Thanks for the welcome!

Al B. Bach is my alias in SASS. If you like shooting old guns then you ought to check it out. I plan on finishing the 28 with a gunslinger theme.

dmw56, I actually sent you a message through another forum. I said it didn't have any linkage but I believe it does. When I get the car home I'll get some better pics of the linkage. For now this is the best I can do.

Al,
I'll get some photos tonight of the linkage on mine. My carbs are flipped 180 from yours with carb linkage towards the front. It will work fine if I want them all to come in the same time, but I'd prefer a progressive. The linkage is the one that came with the Offy manifold.

I've been kind of interested in the SASS they have a Chapter here in Edgewood, NM where I live. I think its the National HQ "The Founders Ranch" from what I've heard. I live about 6 miles from there. I've got the guns....Ruger Vaquero .45 Colt, Winchester 94 .45 Colt, Winchester Model 25 SxS double 12 gauge. I've watch an event once looks like fun!

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back