Kentucky

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
London?

Hey Lilgription,You more than likely wheeled that whole area in your 4x4. I used to camp out in Levi Jackson State park and offroad my Samurai towards London there at exit ?44? it's shut down now though! Had a Blast when we did!Mighta wheeled with ya!?

Hey Lilgription,You more than likely wheeled that whole area in your 4x4. I used to camp out in Levi Jackson State park and offroad my Samurai towards London there at exit ?44? it's shut down now though! Had a Blast when we did!Mighta wheeled with ya!?

Well actually it sorta is still open . we still ride every weekend. You need to be street legal. And we stay away from the 49er altogether. I have close friends that are Forest Rangers here and we sorta have an understanding . I have actually gave them rides up rocks just to scare them a bit. But thats another story. Basically we ride the backcountry. I grew up in there and we know all the old trails that have been forgotten by most

Sure is a small world...we used to ride that same area too. Seems like i remember the rocks in that area were some of the stickiest in the east. Last time I was there I left a Dana 300 scattered on those same rocks.:D

Close to Levi Jackson State park. What do you have. I looked at a 48 Ford F4 today . It's all there but the motor and tranny stays with the owner

i have a 41 chevy truck fenderless rat and a 50 ford coup rat projects that i will sell if some one is interested .now that my 52 is on the road i probly wont finish them .i will post them in the for sell section if you are interested pm me and let me know ,i already chopped the 41 7''.the 50 is un chopped for now.
Levi park is a great place to ride choppers too also,no one has bothered us out there and it's a buitifull place to go camping too.

London, thats my hometown. I now live in Louisville with the wife but I am heading down there today for my Mom's birthday party. If your looking for rat rod projects good luck. Now I do have a few projects at Mom & Dads place that I need to get rid of. 54 Caddy 4 door (like to get $2200 )and a 29 plymouth 4 door (rough but like to get 1200). Let me know if your interested I will be there until tomorrow. :cool:

I'm in Northern Tennessee. Clarksville exactly, not far from Hopkinsville, KY. Anyone else close? I am also about 45 minutes from Nashville, TN.

Bear

Last edited:
Man, you guys are lucky. I'm up here in Ontario, Canada, about three hours east of Detroit. Went to Kentucky for the first time 12 years ago and loved it. Went through it again 3 years ago on our way to Orlando. Loved it then, too. Beautiful scenery, great people, great food, lots of old iron laying around (compared to here where it's mostly gone) ..... I'd love to trade places with anyone wanting to move this side of the border. Anyone looking for an autoglass installer/store manager ??

There's a place in Radcliff (outside Ft. Knox) that has a bunch of old tin. Including some Chevy AD pickem ups. If any of y'all are going to the NSRA show in Louisville, maybe we can get together, talk rods & have a few cold ones.

I'm in Northern Tennessee. Clarksville exactly, not far from Hopkinsville, KY. Anyone else close? I am also about 45 minutes from Nashville, TN.

Bear

I'm in Nashville BearKraft. Several on here from Nashville actually. Not all of us care to post much though. What's your project? I'm getting ready to start on a 51 Ford F-1 myself.

Thunder1

All you Kentucky boys are making me homesick. I'm from Madison County KY. Berea, to be specific. I don't get back there much these days though.

Ratty46,
I've heard the Somernites cruise is a fun time, I haven't been to one yet , but soon. I picked up some acres outside of Science Hill,workin on puttin a place together back there in a year or 2. I'll keep my eye open for your ride.

DQ

Thunder,
Here is a link to both of my current projects. I am always on the look out for a new one, or to trade for one, or to sell one outright. I saw that you were at the Goodguys show too. Do you have any projects going, or did you go to the show like me, just to drool??? What part of Nashville are you in?

Bear

Latest posts

Back