Kid grow up so fast

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HOT40ROD

I was on another site and they were talking about getting your daughter involved. Mine was involved and now she is grown up and on her own now. But I remember those days in the garage and at the shows and cruises. She still likes the music from the shows and can ID a lot of old cars. Boy I miss those days of my kids being in the garage and at the shows with me. Time goes so fast.

Shes 25 now and my son is 21.
Here are pictures of her modeling with my trucks. The fiest one she is 4 and the second one she is 15 and my son is 13

She planing on building a 69 Chevelle in the future. Dam I just she needed to spend more time in the garage. A Chevy! LOL.

Attachments

• my pickups 004.jpg
    my pickups 004.jpg
    95.5 KB · Views: 44
  • laura & josh.jpg
    laura & josh.jpg
    173 KB · Views: 54
Yep... times flies when u're havin' fun!

Yep... time sure flies by when u're havin' fun. Now I have 5 grandkids. My oldest daughter loved to ride in all my cars & her big thing was... she always wanted to be out in front. At 4 & 5 years old she would ask... "are we the leader". She *never* wanted anyone to be out in front of us! I still hold by that to this day... do NOT try to get in front of me!!! [ddd[ddd[ddd

BoB

I know exactly what you mean, my daughter likes cars also, she was the one that went with me to pick up my tudor. Now she is in the Navy and we don't see her very much. One day they are home and you think it will always be like that and then all of a sudden they are gone. Its very hard to get used too.

I was trying to get my son interested in cars and racing and things like that, ever since he was born. No luck. He wanted to do things like skateboarding and soccer. Now, he's almost 21 and can tell you the specs on any car made in the last forty years. He drives like Dale Jr. and gets stopped pretty regular. I talked him into getting rid of his hand-me-down 929 Mazda and buying a pick-up. So far he's having a hard time tearing the truck up. Now, if he had a little mechanical ability to go along with it.........

I was trying to get my son interested in cars and racing and things like that, ever since he was born. No luck. He wanted to do things like skateboarding and soccer. Now, he's almost 21 and can tell you the specs on any car made in the last forty years. He drives like Dale Jr. and gets stopped pretty regular. I talked him into getting rid of his hand-me-down 929 Mazda and buying a pick-up. So far he's having a hard time tearing the truck up. Now, if he had a little mechanical ability to go along with it.........

I know what you mean about the driving. My son about a month ago got two speeding ticket with in 4 days of each other. I told him he needs to get a good pair of walking shoes, Because the Man is going to be taking his license for a little bit. His mother is going to love him. She just changed insurance companies this year.

Dad paid the fines because hes in college and dad been paying his bills. But hey I remember when I was his age. My dad wanted to kill. He locked my chopper in the garage for the hole summer one year.

I know what you mean about the driving. My son about a month ago got two speeding ticket with in 4 days of each other. I told him he needs to get a good pair of walking shoes, Because the Man is going to be taking his license for a little bit. His mother is going to love him. She just changed insurance companies this year.

Dad paid the fines because hes in college and dad been paying his bills. But hey I remember when I was his age. My dad wanted to kill. He locked my chopper in the garage for the hole summer one year.

I never worried about the old man he couldn't say much he made me pay for my own insurance 6 months at time before I could even go take the drivers test, I bought all of my own cars, If I broke it I fixed it, if I got caught I paid it. To say the least verry few tickets

I was on another site and they were talking about getting your daughter involved. Mine was involved and now she is grown up and on her own now. But I remember those days in the garage and at the shows and cruises. She still likes the music from the shows and can ID a lot of old cars. Boy I miss those days of my kids being in the garage and at the shows with me. Time goes so fast.

Shes 25 now and my son is 21.
Here are pictures of her modeling with my trucks. The fiest one she is 4 and the second one she is 15 and my son is 13

She planing on building a 69 Chevelle in the future. Dam I just she needed to spend more time in the garage. A Chevy! LOL.

Sounds to me that if your daughter wants to fix up a 69 Chevelle in the future that she's a pretty smart girl. :D

Yes dad is paying the bills and for schooling right now so he can get through college and not have to work like dad did. His mother all she does is give him $100.00 per month.

But he is finish in May and he will have to pay them, Did the same for my daughter. Now she draws cartoons She works for a company that designs coloring book and she actually designs the books. Great job she gets to go the the screening of new movie so she can come up with ideas. And she calls that a job[P[P:)

Shes doing real good. God bless her

They sure do grow up fast! Just seems like a few years ago when my oldest son was born, but as I was talking to someone the other day and I was telling them he is 33 now and then I got to thinking, wait he's 34! Of coarse I was only 8 when he was born!!!:D I sure wish anyone of mine would get into cars, but it hasn't happened yet, although I still hold out hope for my 9 year old. He loves going to the car shows and cruises with me and one of the members here, IAM LDSII, let him sit in his Rat truck, boy did that perk up his interest!!..CR

I am very blessed with both of our kids (daughters!!) involved in our salvage yard business. This gives me alot of time with my old cars and allows me to go to cruises and car shows.
Our oldest daughter manages our business. 6 years ago she was working as a paralegal in a nearby Law office but decided she would come to work in our family business. She has a good business head, is good with computer and good with people. She now sits on the Board of Directors for the Iowa AutoRecylers. She has our 19 year old granddaughter who likes to ride in parades and cruises so that she can wave and look pretty...not excited about the work though!
The other daughter started in the business but now has a job outside the family business. She still helps me pick up the cars when necessary. She has our 11 year old grandson who helps me around the shop and our 3 1/2 year old granddaughter who rides with me in my old Suburban.
My wife, kids and grandkids know my love of classic old cars and support me however they can! Yes, life is good! :) :)

Steve

Latest posts

Back