Kirtland AFB Classic Warbird Fly-in

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dmw56

Busted and Rusted on Route 66
I'm getting ready to go to a Fly-in and car show at the airforce base here in ABQ. I'm looking forward to seeing some old planes! :D I'll post some photos when I get back this afternoon/evening.

Last edited:
DSC_0053.jpg

DSC_0054.jpg

DSC_0052-1.jpg

DSC_0055.jpg

Great stuff dmw56. That's a really neat place for a car show. Warbirds and show cars, what a day. I'd like to have one of those fallout shelter signs on my shop door.

Wow

Did that ever bring back some good time's at Kirtland AFB .I was stationed there in 1965-69 in the air force. I know that hanger in the back ground very well. I was a crew chief on a F-104 which is the first plane in the pics, then I was a crew chief on a F-4 . Wow had goodtimes on that base. Thanks for the pics of the cars, planes, etc. Yes Im a old fart. lol

Awesome!

Years ago I lived in Austin, Tx. Bergstrom Air Force was located just south of town & the Astronauts used to stop there on their way to Cape Canaveral. These were the jets they flew... all white with hardly any insignias. They were also equipped with afterburners. They would take off the deck & then hit the afterburners & ZOOM... disappear! It was really amazing to see!!! ; - >

DSC_0003.jpg

BoB

Latest posts

Back