Learning on my own

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

2653DodgeNut

I found the site while i was searching for ideas on building my 1926 Dodge Bros sedan. Acquired a 80s toyota frame for it which made me curious if anyone else has done this. I also on a 1953 Dodge pickup. Ive only had the 26 for a few months but I had my truck for 8 years now. I drove the truck all over with the original flathead six with a crashbox tranny but decided to pull the engine three years ago due to it smoking so bad. I also had a 1948 Dodge five window truck at the time and I was going to rebuild the flathead for it but ended up trading the truck for a 1938 two door chrysler and the 1926 dodge sedan. Most of everything I know now about cars have learned on my own but I am always seeking advice from others. I figured this site would gibe me a better insight on how to go about building my projects.

As of now I'm working in the North Dakota oilfields which gives me limited home time to accomplish anything.

Attachments

• photo.JPG
    photo.JPG
    218.1 KB · Views: 48
  • photo (2).JPG
    photo (2).JPG
    191 KB · Views: 44
  • photo (4).JPG
    photo (4).JPG
    204.3 KB · Views: 38
  • photo (1).jpg
    photo (1).jpg
    82.7 KB · Views: 43
Last edited:
Hello.....

Welcome. There is a lot of info on this site.....and great people anxious to help. BTW, goodlookin' pickem-up.

Lynn

Welcome to the site
If you're working in the oil fields? How often do you actually get home and for how long?
You'll find out around here, it's not a sin to have someone else building on your ride while you're out making a living.

Welcome! The Toyota truck frame is a great start for a rod. They are fully boxed front to back and are strong. I had one under a 36 Dodge I was working on, never finished it though, got sidetracked and traded for my 47 Lincoln Zephyr.

Welcome from Northern Michigan.
A fair amount of people from around here are in N Dakota working in the oil fields as well.
Torchie.

1926 dodge

I had a plan to keep it non chopped. I picked an old 76 dodge pickup for $200 that runs and drives. It has a 360 with an auto tranny. I was thinking of pullin the drive train for the 26. I have 10 days off a month but by the time I get my honey do list done I'm headed back to work. And as of now north idaho is in a bit of a blizzzard.

Attachments

• photo.jpg
    photo.jpg
    174 KB · Views: 11
Wishbone

I was lucky enough to pick up 1935 ford wishbone front axle for 150 dollars. I read a thread on here about a guy cutting the front off the same style chassis I have and adapting the wishbone to it. Hopefully I can start mocking up a frame for my rat this year.

cramped

Well I took a minute to sit in the old sedan and now I realize that I may have to seal the back doors. I'm 6'4" so sitting in the original seat area is not going to work. I basically planned on just having two seats in it anyways. I plan on getting the car back to one piece when i get back home. Just thought I'd share.

Latest posts

Back