Lemme Drop A Few Pics On Ya

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Captain Moron

Captain Morgan's crazy cousin!
OLD PICS ! ! !

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

4 pic limit is now in effect ....

Some of you "crossover" guys may have seen these on another board ... for those that haven't ? ... this was from a 1983 event & two things are missing ... two things that are quite commom in today's hobby ...
CAN YOU GUESS ?

Very nice pix. Okay here's my guess, no T buckets, no Billet, no Turquoise paint with Mauve scallops, no flat tire look, no bags, a lot of '34 - '40s coupes, none of those wierd lookin' things that I guess are supposed to be some likeness of a '30s coupe. None of those dolls leanin' on the front bumpers, no rat rods, and I didn't see 100 '32 roadsters that look just alike except for differnt tires and wheels.

Nice pics...I don't see any Hooters girls handing out calenders or people sitting in lawn chairs behind the cars making the place look like a KOA camp ground

Last edited:
My fav!

Capt,
That *is* a flash back!!! My fav is the '38 Ford panel. I passed on a really nice one once & have regretted it every since! Thanks for sharing!!!

BoB

There were a couple of primered cars. Does that count? Thank god the rectangular headlights are gone, unless, of course, you have them on your ride, then cool! :cool:

i'm a little late but no whitewalls or red wheels. :D

Joe, I've got magazines from the 50's with cars that have red wheels and white walls proudly displayed. I think the main wheels of choice for a street rod during the late 70's/early 80's were chrome spokes. 1983 was part of a time period soon to end now known as the resto-rod era.

Last edited:
Joe, I've got magazines from the 50's with cars that have red wheels and white walls proudly displayed. I think the main wheels of choice for a street rod during the late 70's/early 80's were chrome spokes. 1983 was part of a time period soon to end now known as the resto-rod era.

That makes sense, I was just pointing out the lack of them in the pics. I'll be content as long as the clothing styles from the pics don't come back :p. Oh yeah, I was born in 1984, I don't make anyone feel old do I? :p

Cool story and great photos Captain. I can't get over that last pic with the tree growing up through the radiator cap hole in the grill shell.

Latest posts

Back