Lets get ready to rumble

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rusty rodder

And here we go, as most of you know now i acquired a 54 chevy 2dr recently and decided to dig in today! After much thought of where to begin I started with that nasty headliner....(car looked like bigfoot with a tank top on) thats how bad it was. So I take out all of that mess then still not satisfied with my progress for the day.

What to do? what to do?

Lets dig up under that floor mat to see whats under there. HELLO looks like some new floor pans are needed. (should have left well enough alone).

As of right now Im still working on getting that material up then its time to weld. I have pics that I will post soon and I will keep you updated! :cool:

where is the "this thread is useless without pics" smiley?? lol. them floor pans arent cheap... $100!! each just for a front section.

ok here are some quick shots I will have more after I get some work done tonight!

Attachments

• 54belair004-1.jpg
    54belair004-1.jpg
    23.1 KB · Views: 95
  • 54belair008.jpg
    54belair008.jpg
    96.5 KB · Views: 86
  • 54belair016-1.jpg
    54belair016-1.jpg
    35.5 KB · Views: 86
I got a couple more hours in last night of trying to get that flooring up and all I have finished is the passenger side front pan......that stuff will probably take me all week to get out of there at the rate im going....I will post some pics up when its all out....... off to work I go :rolleyes:

Great choice for a build! I`ve got a pair of 54`s myself. One will be straight axle gasser. I`ve not decided how to go on the other one, and I can`t wait to see more of your build!:D

hey you looking for any parts?? got a buddy who bought a 54 parts car and is gonna have stuff left over, let me know what you need.

well I hate to say it but I broke down and bought some floor pans and my quarters that I needed......now $500 later Im just sitting here waiting on things to get here and then its game on! :cool:

Well after a eventfull week of working on the car I am now ready to start cutting the cancer away just as soon as the fresh metal gets on my doorstep. Here are a couple pics of the condition as we speak. any and all advice is welcome! :rolleyes:

Attachments

• 54belair038-1.jpg
    54belair038-1.jpg
    45.7 KB · Views: 48
  • 54belair037-1.jpg
    54belair037-1.jpg
    41.2 KB · Views: 49
hes wanting a bit much for cutting em out n getting them to ya, its cheaper to get them from nationalchevyassoc.com

well after a few days of thinking and measuring and a little FIRE on the car I managed to get things started again... heres one pic that I just had on the cell phone will get more as the work progresses.

Attachments

• 0101091726.jpg
    0101091726.jpg
    62.4 KB · Views: 36
So I got my act together again today and just started playin with some parts I had and decided to take some pics You will also notice that I am considering a chop....

Thoughts on this manner?????

Attachments

• 0104091452a.jpg
    0104091452a.jpg
    82.4 KB · Views: 26
  • 0104091509.jpg
    0104091509.jpg
    74 KB · Views: 29

Latest posts

Back