Let's see those 6 cylinder engines!!!!

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
2009_0510trk0001.jpg

Here's the slant 6 in my early 50's style dragster.

That is bad ass!

PlymmieHorns007.jpg

My friend Jim from Atlanta visited a month ago and brought a nice 300 cu. in. Ford six as a gift. Also got a Clifford intake manifold and other go-fast goodies. About the same time Car Craft Magazine did a story on a 300 six powered Maverick. A stock engine with a turbo. Runs high 10's. Lookie what I found in the attic! A turbo that is the right size for the 6. Now I have to build a car to put it in.[dr

Tripper & others, thanks for the nice comments on the slant 6 in my dragster. It is a $100 Craigslist stocker. I have been building a better engine. Waited several months for my good friend to do the machine work. I expect the new engine, which is a very mild build to be around 250 hp. Hoping to run it a lot next season.

I've built several Ford 300 sixes in the past years and they all ran hard, very reliable, and were easy to get horsepower out of.

Here is a tip to get your tune right..... with the head off, find top dead center on number one cylinder, re-mark the dampner you are using to "0" on the timing tap on the front gear cover. Many of the dampners are "groved" wrong. Paint the new grove with paint so you won't get mixed up with the old mark. Some of the old marks are 10 to 12 degress off!!!! I have ran into this several times and even with the '83 block I used in my Yard Art rod. If you don't check this you will NEVER get your ignition right.

Latest posts

Back