Lets see those air cleaners....

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The 1st one is a Bonehead special from my current build & the 2nd one is from my old ratty!

BoB

Attachments

• boneheadskullz.jpg
    boneheadskullz.jpg
    95.6 KB · Views: 188
  • filterskull.jpg
    filterskull.jpg
    88.9 KB · Views: 194
i got the caddilac batwing style... as cool as it is i think i may use something different so i will be paying attention to this thread for ideas and inspiration.

Just an old-school scoop on my Buick motor

Attachments

• $(KGrHqR,!hwE4p4P+uVRBOTU0lVhhQ~~0_12.jpg
    $(KGrHqR,!hwE4p4P+uVRBOTU0lVhhQ~~0_12.jpg
    22 KB · Views: 16
MINE!!

IMG_0352.jpg Friend of mine was going to discard this so I took it and had to revise it for my NUT for the air cleaner. I did drill it out and ground the corners of a nut off than i used J B weld on it to hold the nut in the bottom. Enjoy [cl

I'm picking up good vibrations!!!

Here's the one on my Willys....

beachboysbreather.jpg

....home made duel snorkle, the stock top wouldn't clear so I made a flat one out of plywood and topped it off with a Beach Boys LP :D

Is that on your little duece coupe?? LOL..looks cool man...

Here's my idea. I had a couple of 460 flex plates laying around and said Why not? I cut up an old cheapy filter base and with some silicon and a few rivots, I got this far. I'll stick some freeze plugs in the bigger holes and braze the little ones up. The top will be the same except for the hold down. I ain't got that far yet.

Attachments

• 0130121449.jpg
    0130121449.jpg
    109.2 KB · Views: 70
  • 0130121450.jpg
    0130121450.jpg
    106.1 KB · Views: 67
  • 0130121452.jpg
    0130121452.jpg
    159.1 KB · Views: 96
Not as extensive as some of the cool examples already shown, but I'll add this one I made for my Anglia. It was intentionally simple for a late 60's gasser look.

The air cleaners on my coupe are just modified off the shelf items and the air cleaner on my Mercury isn't really worth posting.

Cool Idea!!!

Here's my idea. I had a couple of 460 flex plates laying around and said Why not? I cut up an old cheapy filter base and with some silicon and a few rivots, I got this far. I'll stick some freeze plugs in the bigger holes and braze the little ones up. The top will be the same except for the hold down. I ain't got that far yet.

I like your thinking!! [cl

Latest posts

Back