Let's see your Race Cars!

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Here's my drag car back in 2001 runing a 327 and a Doug Nash. It's been collecting dust since then but I am slowly gathering engine parts to put it back on the track before too long. Moving up to 388" with 18* heads and a Jerico this time around so it should be a fair bit quicker.

Russracecarside.jpg

Russracecarfront2.jpg

62ChevyII, How quick was it with the 327? Looks like it was pretty potent. What are you shooting for with the stroker? Will it be all motor? Great looking deuce.

62ChevyII, How quick was it with the 327? Looks like it was pretty potent. What are you shooting for with the stroker? Will it be all motor? Great looking deuce.

Hi Bob, it went 9.67 at 139 and change and 1.26 60' with the .060 over 327 . I am hoping it will dip into the 8's with the 388. Between the additional cubes, 3 points more compression and heads that flow about 80cfm better, I think it's gonna get down the track pretty good.;)

I am an all-motor guy, I figure n2o is kinda like using steriods.:D

Old racecars

New here. I couldn't resist posting on this topic. I've been out of drag racing for ten years, this thread made me look thru my old pics.

Spent many years at the track with a few different cars. The last being this TF/FC. Just like the old days, it was a collective effort among friends.

This is the first of three versions of our Funnycar. Dodge Daytona. Brainerd MN, 1998.

Copyofscan0001.jpg

Second version after repairing damage suffered at the Winternationals in Pomona CA, 1998. Pics from our home track, 1999. (I always hated that stupid lightning bolt)

img069.jpg

scan0011.jpg

The third and final version with a new Dodge Avenger body. Pics from Spokane WA, 2000

Spokane2000.jpg

Spokane2.jpg

The Doc said it was time to retire from driving so now my 14 year old son handles those duties

Attachments

• golcart 002.jpg
    golcart 002.jpg
    53 KB · Views: 26
  • golcart 009.jpg
    golcart 009.jpg
    136.8 KB · Views: 19
Here's my drag car back in 2001 runing a 327 and a Doug Nash. It's been collecting dust since then but I am slowly gathering engine parts to put it back on the track before too long. Moving up to 388" with 18* heads and a Jerico this time around so it should be a fair bit quicker.

Russracecarside.jpg

Russracecarfront2.jpg

Love that body style, if you built that chassis, PERFECT!!

62ChevyII, yours must be a tube chassis car to go that quick with a 337" SBC. The launch looks perfect.

Dr. Crankenstein, are you Norm? Or were you crewing on the car? 1998 was about the last time I went to Brainerd for a National meet. I do remember that version of the car. I watched the Nostalgia Funnies running at Famoso (March Meet) yesterday on video streaming.

If you stick around this site, maybe you could tell a story now and then about running a funny car.

No, bob w. I'm not Norm. I didn't drive it. Like my post said, a few friends and I owned, operated, and yes, crewed the car.

Norm Wilding is the guy we bought the car from. Brainerd was our first National event with the FC. He drove and crew-chiefed while teaching us the ropes. (His last name fit him well. He was a true wildman). Later, my best friend took the driver's seat, and we tuned it ourselves.

I missed that live feed from Famoso. Mad at myself, I forgot about it. I love the Nostalgia stuff. If we were still racing, I guarantee you we'd be running a nostalgia FC.

A story now and again? Yeah, I could tell some. Let me start with this.

Nothing I've done before or since will ever top my experiences with Fuel burners. First and foremost, I will be forever grateful to have competed among my idols and legends of the sport. I still find it a little hard to believe. For example: Sitting in staging next to Al Hoffman, (That guy scared everybody. One tough, mean SOB, and the coolest dude ever to strap on a helmet IMO) he starts chit-chatting like we're cutting our lawn on a Saturday afternoon. I just about fell over.

There's nothing on this planet that can compare to standing between a pair of fuel cars when they launch from the start line. A full sensory assault, your eyes burn, your ears pound, your hair stands on end, and your entire body shakes like an angry King Kong has picked you up and wants his banana back. My first time, I had to check my pants. (Front and back).

I can babble on and on and on, but I'll cut it off here. Thanks for asking bob w. I love Brainerd by the way. Been there many times.

Love that body style, if you built that chassis, PERFECT!!

Regarding 62chevyII he built the entire car including design, chassis, motor and paint. That grille is painted on but it's really hard to tell from looking at it even in real life. He's a very talented boy that ChevyII for a hippie!

62ChevyII, yours must be a tube chassis car to go that quick with a 337" SBC. The launch looks perfect.

Yeah... it started out to be a mini-tubbed street/strip deal and then I ran across a good deal on some axles to narrow the rear end... then one thing led to another and it got a little out of hand, LOL! I figured it would be better in the long run to build a fairly light car since it wouldn't take as much power to push it as a heavier car. I can't take much credit for the engine, I have a friend who races NHRA Super Stock and I basically scavanged onto some of his obsolete old parts to build the 327. They do run pretty salty though for flat top motors. His current NHRA legal 327 with flat tops, 1.94 valves and a q-jet pushes his full weight mid 80's monte carlo into the 9.70s! I think the 388" we're building for my car might just make a tad more steam though:D

Regarding 62chevyII he built the entire car including design, chassis, motor and paint. That grille is painted on but it's really hard to tell from looking at it even in real life. He's a very talented boy that ChevyII for a hippie!

Gosh, you make a fella blush.:p

Cornfield, I like your dragster chassis a lot. I've trying to figure out how to modify the cage area to pass NHRA tech but retain the basic style. How are you bending the 3" dia bottom rail?

62ChevyII, I've always been amazed at the performance of Super Stocks. They must know lots of tricks. I'd be very interested in how you build the 388" engine.

This was the last year I raced. It was on 3/8 mi asphalt tracks.
The pics say '97 but it was 2001

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• dcp00611.jpg
    dcp00611.jpg
    103.9 KB · Views: 70
  • Race night at Lebanon Mo.jpg
    Race night at Lebanon Mo.jpg
    96.8 KB · Views: 71
This is our '72 Hurst Olds Cutlass Pro Mod car...still full size, and still partially original steel...running a 522" all-aluminum blown/injected methanol Alan Johnson Hemi...3.8 sec in the 1/8 mile...:

Attachments

• 1209106_10151816733532208_2005610804_n.jpg
    1209106_10151816733532208_2005610804_n.jpg
    102.4 KB · Views: 21

Latest posts

Back