Little different fenderless 53 pickup

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Great news about the wife. Glad to know there's no cancer.
Now concerning your build. Don't know if it's on my end or what. All the pictures on your build site have vanished. I can't find any of them.:(

Thanks guys! Well don't know what's up with the pics but will get some detailed pics when I start working on it again. Until then here are a couple of old ones.

29913_119649398076180_100000933607876_94757_1261409_n.jpg

30213_120075314700255_100000933607876_96154_2699284_n.jpg

44975_138286966212423_100000933607876_165252_7464343_n.jpg

44975_138286972879089_100000933607876_165254_3110605_n.jpg

Been a while, but to let everyone know we are cancer free!!! Been a tough year, but looking forward to things getting better and getting back to work on the rod sometime in the near future!!! Thanks for all your kind words and prayers!

[cl[cl[cl Good news! Hope it keeps getting better for ya. Kinda missed this build too.

This makes my day! The nice thing about a project like this is that it can be a great way to relieve some stress. Your truck is going to be very cool!

great way to finish the year .....

and an even better way to start the new year....congrats and now....back to the build....[P

Thanks again everyone! It is truly a great way to start the new year! 2012 is gonna be a good one!

Was scanning back over your build.How much did you take out of the windshield when you did your chop?

Was scanning back over your build.How much did you take out of the windshield when you did your chop?

I had asked him about the chop amount in a PM way back when and I think he told me he took 5" out of the top on the chop. I really like to purportions of the whole thing, he really nailed it between the chop and the bed length.:cool:

Well think I'll bring a thread back to life and bring the old truck out of storage. Life has been a bugger for the last little while but we have managed to make it through it and are finally getting back on track. The wife is honory as ever and we managed to keep the rod!!!! However the motor didn't make it through the hard times, but it did help to pay for the cancer treatments that were successful! Hope to get the truck back over to my shop within the month. Now the dilemma... Since the motor got sold and I really don't want to try to fork out that much cash to build another I'm trying to figure out what to put back in it. I can get a 5.3l chevy ls motor for free but then have to either come up with some cool injection or buy a carb setup for it. I would also want to put twin turbos to try to set it off a little but. Then there is option #2....forget gas and go ahead and put an old trusty 12v cummins in it. I need some help on this one so ya'll let me know what you think. And thanks for holding in there with me on this extremely long build...lol!

Good to hear all is back on track [cl

Go with the 5.3l, get it running and driving, then worry about the cool injection set up or turbos. Path of least resistance or keep it simple stupid. (whichever you like best)

Well looks like money wise there won't be much difference in putting the non turbo ls in or putting the cummins in. However there will be a little more fab work to put the cummins in as the truck is already setup for an ls. I think all I'll have to do for the cummins is build some motor mounts. Would just have to bring one to the shop and test fit.

very glad to hear your wife is doing well... also glad to see you didnt have to sell your truck..

I say just go with the LS motor.. but thats just me

Latest posts

Back