Lonestar Round Up 2008 - who's goin'!?

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
a better pict

Attachments

• my 32 at the thaw 2.jpg
    my 32 at the thaw 2.jpg
    140.5 KB · Views: 11
  • shop v2-09-08.jpg
    shop v2-09-08.jpg
    78.6 KB · Views: 14
can't wait!!!!!!!

sounds great to me. if we are taking 290, i might be able to meet up at the love's truck stop at the 2920 exit. i live off of 2920 on the other side of tomsballs.

hope to be on the road by 6am or so. are we going to have a meet and greet i would like to meet you guys in person

I'm a biker now!!!

Ok... I'm a "biker" now!!! I bought this from Speedway to git around @ the Round Up!!! Gonna have to "black it out" & pinstripe it though!!! :D:D:D

minibike.jpg

BoB

I'll bring my camera

You might want to check and see if your insurance policy is paid up. You want me to bring one of my old helmets? Maybe some knee pads for the old knee bones. Please no no singing " Born To Be Wild" as you dart in and out of the crowd. Hope to get a picture of you on the pedals and your wife on the handle bars.

Last edited:
wish I could make it

I wish I could make it but Ive got so much stuff to do here,gotta fix the front of the 77 that some drunk ran into,build a dog run for the mutt so he wont run wild,paint the house,pay a bunch o bills,put the c notches in the 77 frame so it dont ride like crap,pull the mototr ot of the elcamino and then some and maybe get a couple more projects I dont need while im at it,who knows maybe Ill say screw it all and go

details

hey tripper, you about ready to hammer out those details? i just got through puttin a fresh coat on the chevy for the round up and i'm pumped. let me know about what time i can meet you and where.
thanks,
chris

Attachments

• 1newpaint.jpg
    1newpaint.jpg
    45.4 KB · Views: 5
LSRU... let's boogie!!!

Ok guys... let's boogie!!! I'm headin' out from H-town @ Noon on Friday with a couple of other guys. Anyone that wants to meet up & cruise up together PM me. I am totally stoked (a old hippy surfer term for u young guns!) & can't wait to get there. I will be staying until Monday & usually go the see who ever's @ the Continental Club Sunday nite. Last year Haybale, a ROKKIN' western swing band of studio musicians from Nashville played Sunday nite. These guys are incredible & it was only $5 cover. UNBELIEVABLE!!! The guitar player was incredible, the organ player played for Johnny Cash & the bass player played for Merle Haggard & I can't remember who the drummer played for but he was incredible too. Austin *really* is the live music capital of the US & a beautiful city with lakes all around & one of the largest colonies of bat in the SW!!! I lived in Austin for years & my son & daughter still do. Sorry... I ramble on!!!

BoB

Lots of photos comin'!!!

Sounds like you are pretty excited Bob. Make sure and take your camera and a battery charger for it. We expect lots of photos.:)

Gastrick,
I am very excited & it looks like good weather. There are supposed to be over 1000 cars & always tons of people! The Rev Billy F. Gibbons always has 1 of his cars there as does Jimmy Vaughn. Besides the cars that enter... there's usually just as many cars that just cruise in & it's a hell of a scene!!! We all cruise Congress Ave. *all* nite long & ck all the cars & people out! Then on Sunday a lot of people cruise out intothe hills & lakes to have lunch together. Sweet!!! I'll b postin' LOTS of pictures when I get back!!! I plan on postin' some video too!!!

BoB

Las year you only had, what, 5 pages of photo's posted.....
We expect 10 this year.....:D

Juzt Kiddin Tripp,
I sure wish I could go but it looks like I'm gonna have ti sit this one out.

See ya there

I may not be the first one in the gate Friday morning. I'll have no problem finding a parking place. Want to get to the swap meet early. If you snooze you loose at a swap meet. I'll be looking for you old codgers after I load up my precious cargo. Should be a great day for a good time.

Tent!!!

I may not be the first one in the gate Friday morning. I'll have no problem finding a parking place. Want to get to the swap meet early. If you snooze you loose at a swap meet. I'll be looking for you old codgers after I load up my precious cargo. Should be a great day for a good time.

Ike,
I go early & set my car & tent up 1st then go look. I got SO sunburned last year I bought a 10X10 tent after I got back. No more burned up bald spot & forehead for the old Tripper!!! ; - >

BoB

Latest posts

Back