Lonestar Round Up 2008 - who's goin'!?

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Prep!

I spent over 1/2 the day doin' a lil maintenance on the old Day Tripper. One of the gas tank mount welds broke loose & I drained the tank, pulled it out & welded everything back up, put in a gas cutoff valve, charged the battery, checked the plugs, changed oil & some other dinky naggin' stuff... now I'm ready to make the scene! The gig involves a lot of cruisin' day & nite & I'd hate to break down in front of everyone! 2 more daze till blastoff... yipppeeee!!!

BoB <--- gas soaked greasemonkey

Made it!

It was hell week for the old Tripper. Carb started leakin' yesterday... lost the key to my trailer, on & on! Finally got here around 5:00 cruised Congress Ave with the rest of the fools & ran outta gas on the way to dinner. Sweet!!! Anyway the place is overrun with rods & rodders. Looks like the show tomorrow is gonna be awesome. Many fotos when I get back!!!

BoB

Awesome!!!

WOW... the show was sweet today & cruisin' on Congress Ave was outrageous!!! LOTS of cars probably 80% ratty... not that many bikes though. One really kool stand out was a *beautiful* Merc surf woody towing a *beautiful* wooden speedboat... primo!!! There were also some very kool COE's too. I'm gonna be back monday & will work on posting! There were some awesome cars & I think u're gonna dig the pictures. Gonna try & get tickets to see BB King tomorrow nite. It was also great to met quite a few guys from the board.

BoB

Videos

Ok... it'll be a little B4 I get to post some pictures but here's some videos of the show posted by the local newspaper. Look down on the right hand side & under the rat rod image that says... "Custon Car Show"... click on "Videos"! Ck it...

Video link

BoB

meeting you

Bob, It was good to meet you and bs-ing for a minute or two. Trying to cover the show, we were busy as a cat covering it all day long! I think I put a bug in the ear of my hardcore Pontiac buddy. By the end of the day, he was scratching his chin and saying things like..... you know, I have that 10 bolt out in storage and I have that 3-speed that was in my other GTO, and then there is one of those 6 or 7 389s in the back of the shop..... hehehe. Maybe there will be another Pontiac powered hot rod being mocked up soon. -Jeff

Bob, It was good to meet you and bs-ing for a minute or two. Trying to cover the show, we were busy as a cat covering it all day long! I think I put a bug in the ear of my hardcore Pontiac buddy. By the end of the day, he was scratching his chin and saying things like..... you know, I have that 10 bolt out in storage and I have that 3-speed that was in my other GTO, and then there is one of those 6 or 7 389s in the back of the shop..... hehehe. Maybe there will be another Pontiac powered hot rod being mocked up soon. -Jeff

Jeff,
Nice meetin' u 2!!! Glad 2 hear u're friend has seen the light... er... rust!

BoB

Bar hoppin' by boat!

My buddy we stayed with has a boat & we went out several times on lake Austin. This was in one of the channels off the main lake where we were bar hoppin' by boat! And here's a picture of the suspension bridge across the lake which is really a damned up river... this is right up from Sandra Bullock's place.

BoB

Attachments

• boatn.jpg
    boatn.jpg
    46.4 KB · Views: 10
  • bridge.jpg
    bridge.jpg
    30.7 KB · Views: 7

Latest posts

Back