looking for shortend model a sedans

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rockabillyrat

im thinking of shortening my 29 ford tudor sedan. i dont want to make it really short like i see alot of them. but i was looking for maybe 8 to 12 inches. just enough to change the look. any one have any pics of shortend sedans?

Hope you aren't as tall as me! I have a Tudor as well and my seats are right up against the Zd part of the frame in the rear. If I had to shorten it much, I wouldn't fit.

Just something to think about - the rear kickup will soak up a lot of interior space, basically the whole back seat area.

Hmmm..they dont right..??

Maybe you should wander on over to the eye doctor...look pretty AWESOME from what I am seeing.Maybe you should call and tell Posie's it doesnt look right.

Attachments

• 746500.thumb mikey.jpg
    746500.thumb mikey.jpg
    5.9 KB · Views: 76
  • 135_0412_posies_01_z.jpg
    135_0412_posies_01_z.jpg
    90 KB · Views: 80
Not to start an argument, but those are pickups using shortened tudor bodies. It would look alot different without the bed and the wheels under the rear window.

yeah i dont like the tudor/truck at all. im not looking to shorten it like purple people eater. i was thinking just a little bit. maybe just to even up the front and rear side window width. im not sure i will play with my body on windows paint and see what i like.

I've Seen some truck cabs made from sedans--I have a T I did that to. Kind of a 'use what ya got' deal--works OK sometimes. Sometimes not.

PA41

Attachments

• S6300285.jpg
    S6300285.jpg
    190.2 KB · Views: 41
Not to start an argument, but those are pickups using shortened tudor bodies. It would look alot different without the bed and the wheels under the rear window.

Exactly right. Those are not what was being described. Who needs an eye doctor? [dr

Doesn't mean I like that Posies thing either...

shorting the car

what frame are you using? when you shorten the car most of the floor pans will have to be modified. suspension and exhaust have to be well thought out to clear the floor pan and body. the glass has to be custom made for the quarter windows or like mine, made into a panel/delivery style. weld a ton of braces in the car, side to side and also front to rear, so when the car is cut into 2 pieces it does not flex and warp the panels/doors/roof. fenders will make a difference on running boards and placement. mine is going fenderless, saves a ton of body work this way;)

that link is my beast[cl,

l gotta lotta flak over there for what l'm building, but as l tell people POLITELY, l have to drive it not them. l do take advice and help from the ones who look at it like a hot rod and not a piece of:eek:.

l am having a blast building mine,,,,,post pics of what your'e starting with and what is being done to it. the key is to ENJOY the build, share it with those who want to see it and when finished, drive the snout outta it:D

in case link don't work for you here is a few pix. l took out 7" and used a frame that was cutom made for a 29 roadster, so l am having to put in all new floor pans.,,,{ the pans were rotten so they had to come out any way }

Later:cool:

Attachments

• kdis painting 019.jpg
    kdis painting 019.jpg
    86.6 KB · Views: 14
  • 01 outside 002.jpg
    01 outside 002.jpg
    137.9 KB · Views: 16
  • 01 outside 024.jpg
    01 outside 024.jpg
    180.9 KB · Views: 22
  • 01 outside 033.jpg
    01 outside 033.jpg
    130.4 KB · Views: 10
Last edited:
skull, its easy for me im building a frame. so i dont have to worry about any of that. all i need to do is get the body where i want it and fill i the blanks. no glass except for the windshield. no hood no fenders so, and exhaust..... whats that?

looks good i like your sedan alot

Exhaust stuff!!!

rockabillyrat; exhaust.... whats that?[/QUOTE said:
here in rhe wet side of washington state the cops are kinda anal about having an exhaust system on your'e vechicles. the law here is stated as;

"ALL vechicle exhaust must exit past the last passenger compartment or to run in such a manner as to direct exhaust away from the vechicle."

washington state law has parts that also mention mufflers MUST be used as to quite the DB level. :(

problem with the DB part is most cops have no meter to measure the loudness and just guess, so if ya get a noise ticket it is really hard to fight.

the po-po's here write big tickets for not having good exhaust on your'e car.:mad:

there's some towns that have a lower DB level than state standards and will write ya an invite to the local courthouse if'n it's to loud.

Later[ddd

Latest posts

Back