lost interest for now

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hankus

Well due to too much regular work, and what I do outside of time card work; coupled with a infernally slow motor man I'm shelving mine til spring. Time to hunt now anyways. Anybody else ever feel like your rat will never get it together so you can put it together?

Oh how I understand this. I just have to tell myself to stay at it even if only at quarter speed. My shop is my hide out, but hunting season takes some of my time also. Heck, we got to eat. :cool:

Just walk away for a bit and you'll find the urge to get back. I think all of us ahve felt that way at one time or another. Hang in there.

I don't know how many times I've said "this is the last bike I'm doing-I mean it this time!" never fails though always go back to them. Do some hunting, clear your head-you'll be back to your rat in no time.

A man with deadlines on a ratrod completion is an unhappy man.

Can I get an AMEN for this man?!?!

I was bustin my hump trying to get mine done in time for the wedding. Did not like it one bit. Now it is back in the barn at my buddies place, miles from me so I don't have to look at it, sitting on blocks, covered up and full of moth balls. I have no intentions of messing with it for a while. Kind of sick of it. But I am sure once all the fog clears I will be back at it getting it ready to hit the road.

Thanks guys.I really ain't got no deadline but I wanna see my ol gal back terrorizing the area. Hopefully some issues will work themselves out during hunting season.

I've felt like that a few times but I refuse to be defeated by a mere car or truck!!! [ddd[ddd[ddd

BoB

Well due to too much regular work, and what I do outside of time card work; coupled with a infernally slow motor man I'm shelving mine til spring. Time to hunt now anyways. Anybody else ever feel like your rat will never get it together so you can put it together?

Thanks guys.I really ain't got no deadline but I wanna see my ol gal back terrorizing the area. Hopefully some issues will work themselves out during hunting season.

There's no shame in getting burned out or simply taking a break for a while. My day job is all faster, faster...time is money! But, my garage is MY territory and I work as fast or as slow as I want too. I refuse to burden myself with unrealistic deadlines because I would probably be setting myself up for failure and if I "get behind" ,the quality of my work will start to suffer. I also think the unrealistic, B.S. car shows on tv are partly to blame for a lot people's progress anxiety. "We built this whole car in one week!" Sure, anyone could if they had a 24 hour team and deep pockets. So, take a brake brother! If you're like me you will come back stronger and more enthused!

Le Ermy Gardener.JPG

Can't rush a good thing... Well maybe some can but not everyone lol

for the love weasel i took 6 months off.
threw a tarp over it and took care of all my every day crap i had gotten behind on.
played with my guns
went to some concerts etc.
came back rarin ta go.

I was away from the car for 4 weeks with work. I wasn't "over it" when I left, probably because this is my first build...but I can tell you after that much time away from it I sure as hell was happy to get greasy again.

Hey Hankus

I did the same thing last December when I pushed my 2 plus year project out the door and into the weeds....I just couldnt seem to make any headway...A guy I know gave me a 1947 CJ2A (Willys Jeep) so I dove into that project with both feet and so far it is coming along but the itch/twitch to push the old 1952 Chevy truck rat rod back inside is getting stronger everyday. I wanna get my CJ2A to a point where I can push it outside of the shop but undercover and get crackin on the rat again. I even have another cab coming my way the end of the month so I maybe be changing that out too. Take sometime and step away for a bit...if and when the urge comes back you 'll be all set to get back at it.
Keep us in the loop.
my 2 cents
MikeC

Latest posts

Back