love rat rods

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

motomike

Hi to all fellow ratroders here, Im a newbe to the sight and it seems I have to get involved with some posts so here it goes, 1 year and 8 mo or so I started building a rat rod truck and I quit drinking at the same time, a story for another day, my focus was on, and I had alot of new free time on my hands, I started out with the intentions of building one while I was still drinking but enough on that I baught a 48 kb international cab and front end with all the crome and whateaver parts I would need for the build 300$ with title I guted the truck in the farm field it lay in kentucky, once home I dug right in with a olds 455 a olds o type posi 12 bolt a 400 turbo with a shift kit I already owned all the olds power plant, the center council and steering wheel was from my first eaver car a olds cutlass convertabile, a speedway front end kit with disc brakes qa1 coil over rear shocks ansen slots with 50's in the rear 70's in the front the engine started out single carb but now has a old edelbrock o65 intake with dual edelbrock 600 carbs the frame is all 2x4 tubing made by me the truck has been running at around the 8 mo mark of the build with lots of miles on it this past year, an 2 wins at the local car showes here in the dekalb il area one was a top 100 out of 1,000 cars and trucks people walk right past beautifull cars to look a a piece of @#$@ of corse little things still need to be done but are we eaver done I have already started my next one with a buddy of mine to sell, a 48 dodge truck rat rod wrecker

WOW !!!

Just about fell asleep reading all that. Sorry but I don't like to write that much or read that much just work on stuff thats what I like. Enjoy the site and Hope you get all the information you need to help you. [cl [P :D Welcome

Welcome to RRR

Trucks are cool. Glad you found the site and as has been said, pictures keep us all motivated. Enjoy the great guys here. Steve

welcome. I am about to start a 46 IHC/chevy build. send picts so I can steal[borrow] some of your ideas. Plan on making a recovery truck out of this one.

Attachments

• GetAttachment[3].jpg
    GetAttachment[3].jpg
    8.9 KB · Views: 5
liver breaks down alcohol into chemicals one of which is same the stomach makes when your hungry. thats the source of the crave and why the more you drink the more you want. been alotta times found myself standing in front of the cookie cupboard thinking... im pretty sure im not craving cookies lol. the busier i am the less im influenced by instincts. been 'saved' by many a project. people who dont understand will say why not just buy one done.... its more about doing than having i think.

thanks

Thanks on all the quick replys i have been trying to figure out where to start my build pics but still new i have tons of pics they will be up soon

Latest posts

Back