Lt1 what air filter to use

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am putting a 1995 lt1 in my 1935 dodge pickup and I need to eliminate the maf sensor and run a air filter on the throttle body. The computer has been reprogrammed to run speed density so I can eleminate the maf. What air filter can I use. Thank you

Thank you, I did buy a filter from k&n to fit a fuel injection but it would not clear the thermostat housing. I know I have seen the filter on other street rods but I don't know where to get it. Our local speed shop did not have a source for it.

Are you trying to clamp the filter directly to the throttle body? You probably need at least a short piece of sewer pipe or a longer fernco or cantex to get over the housing. I bought mine at either Autozone or Napa...sorry, can't remember which. Hope this helps, Bill.

I've also seen some cheapo cold air intakes on ebay that have decent filters & pipes/tubes on them that you might be able to make work. I have one I bought a long time ago for a 1996 LT1 Z28 that was actually pretty good. It was less than half the price of the name brand CAI's.

Latest posts

Back