Luck is better than craigslist

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Country Misfit

I tell you... I get no respect!
I got a wrecked 69 chevy truck couple of years ago,just for the running gear.Ive been trying to sell whats left ,doors ,bed ,tailgate ect. but no buyers.Today I was at gas station and a guy drives up in a beat up 69 chevy.I told him I had a bunch of parts for sale.He folllowed me home and bought 400$ worth of stuff.Like the song says,even the losers get lucky sometime.

Texting

Observations, or mini rant. More and more people rely on text messages to communicate. Now I know of several younger people who will not answer the phone but will answer a text, kind of annoying. Personally, I prefer to speak directly and have most people I know trained to not text. Also my arthritic club thumbs can barely dial a number, let alone type.

So last evening I listed the 57 Belair on c-list and after my number I put please do not text. At 4:30 this morning I hear a noise from my phone and get up. Some (expletive) person has texted me asking if it's still for sale. Ok, might be legit that the person got the number from someone else. Or person is a smart-a** or a maybe dumb-a** I waited til mid morning and called the number, of course it went to voicemail.

Observations, or mini rant. More and more people rely on text messages to communicate. Now I know of several younger people who will not answer the phone but will answer a text, kind of annoying. Personally, I prefer to speak directly and have most people I know trained to not text. Also my arthritic club thumbs can barely dial a number, let alone type.

So last evening I listed the 57 Belair on c-list and after my number I put please do not text. At 4:30 this morning I hear a noise from my phone and get up. Some (expletive) person has texted me asking if it's still for sale. Ok, might be legit that the person got the number from someone else. Or person is a smart-a** or a maybe dumb-a** I waited til mid morning and called the number, of course it went to voicemail.

Yeah - I had re-posted an old CL ad and had forgotten to take my cell number off of the ad. My ad does say to call but - got a text asking me if I had parts for the truck that were not listed, specifically asking for "headlights for an M series Studebaker truck". I respond that I do have the headlight "bulbs". He says no he wants the mounting brackets and rings. So it take 5 texts back and forth to get out what he wants. I text back that I may have all those parts put will have to look after I get off of work. He proceeds to text me 5 times over the next hour the same question. Irritating and rude. I somehow forgot to go check on those parts - must be old age or something.

Typically I don't put my number on CL ads anymore for that reason. I'd rather talk on my terms.

Latest posts

Back