Marriage advice needed!!! HELP!

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If she's telling you to get it because it's only $600...you'd better hang on to her, or there will be a bunch of guys on here that will be lining up to take her off your hands....me included:D

OK, first off texts are deceiving [S
Without facial expessions, we're screwed :confused:
Samples:
1. "It's only $600" :eek: I just spent $1200
2. "It's only $600" :cool: It's OK with me
3. "It's only $600" :eek: IT'S ONLY $600
4. "It's only $600" :mad: Go ahead fool and see what happens, when I get with my girl friends I'm gonna make him think $600 he'll wish he never even saw that rusty ole piece of dog crap :mad:

This all has to do with, time of month, age your wife is (menopause) whether it's your spare change or house payment and how long you were in the shop drinking beer last night.

Aw, go ahead Sam, we're all behind ya what are friends for [ddd

Thanks 56, that's the level headed talk I needed. She was kinda havin' fun with me. I know she really doesn't care if I get it. But I was on the fence since I already have a 30 A sedan body in waiting. We really don't have a use for it right now so I'm gonna let it pass. There will be others. Besides, I'm looking for one that is a little farther gone on the bottom.

But if it's still there in a week I might change my mind. :D

Don't do it !!!!!!!!! She's testing you. :eek: These women are devious, I'm telling you. To understand a woman you have to take whatever she says and flip it 180 degrees. :D So what she is really saying is "If you buy this car for $ 600 I want my kitchen redone and it only will cost $ 15,000.00 ! " :eek:

Or, I could be wrong and she is just saying buy it. :p

Don

I take that as a "Yes honey, I hope that is at our house when I return from grocery shopping"! Snap it up dude! :D

Toad

it is kinda like me telling the wife "there is only $147 in the checking account this week." When I get home from work I see she bought $162 in groceries!:eek:

So I ask if she heard me tell her what we had and the answer is well the kids needed snacks. So now how do I get gas to go to work? apparently that is MY problem. [S

My wife has been "relatively" reasonable with the 3 I have in the garage but I mentioned to her that I might have a line on another and she said "you can get it" but then later in the day I was talking about it with her and shes says "where the hell are you gonna put THIS ONE?" I guess it would help if she had somewhere to park her minivan besides the driveway...

I've only been married for 48 years so I haven't had enough experience to figure out what a wife means when she says something.

Sam, buy it and bring it home, but before you go into the house to tell her, put on your protective headgear.....if worse comes to worse you can always claim insanity......i'm just crazy about good deals on old cars!!!!! Good luck and let us know how you make out!...cr

I've only been married for 48 years so I haven't had enough experience to figure out what a wife means when she says something.
I read an add for a motorcycle in the classifieds a couple years ago. It was for a brand new dirt bike some guy had just bought, it had about 300 miles on it. He went on and on about all the trick goodies the bike had on it. Then he ended the add with "apparently do whatever the #**#! you want doesn't mean what I thought".

It's easier to ask for forgiveness than to ask for permission....still married after 34 yr's....selective hearing helps:D....just tell her it's a steal at $600 and is worth at least twice that....the bank won't give us that kind of return on our investments....but we may have to sit on for a bit :rolleyes:

I'd love to help you out Sam, but I'm the last person you should listen to when it comes to marriage advice.....:)

super56.....you have 3 in the garage? Wow, one was too much for me!

Snap it up. I looked at one down here, about in the same condition for $1600 last week.

It is easier to ask for forgivness later than permission now.

Price is down to $500. So what'r ya waiting for? [ddd By the way, in the past week or two there is probably a pound or two less metal on the bottom of the doors. Wait any longer and you wont have to section it.

Latest posts

Back