meg/ cones tips.

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

deerchooper

well since i did my lake style headers i learned something in the making of them.

the first one i cut down the center and started to trim as i pulled it together. doing it this way took some time as you can only over lap them so much before the hose clamps start to break. on the second one i did it a little different. i know some ppl cut a small wedge out before they bend, but know one knows how much to start off with because you might take to much and scrap it.

well heres what to do, look at the pic. if you have any questions ill try to help.

mega.png

Last edited:
I know a lot of you guys like to make all of your own stuff, but if you wanted to buy premade cones, this company sells them in lots of different sizes and the prices are really pretty good. I bought a set from them years ago and built a set of lakes headers, using some cutup Mustang headers for the flanges and pipes. The cones come prewelded and all. Just thought I would give another option.

http://www.coneeng.com/conical_products.html

Don

well i read the $35 laker header post. i wanted a little curves coming off of the block so i had room for steering and what not. i also wanted mandrell bent pieces. so i knew i would be in a little more than the $35. i bought flanges off of ebay, summit j bends, 3 1/2" collector flanges, a cherry bomb and 3 1/2" turn downs, i got the 3 1/2" 2@ 36" tubing at a local semi/ truck shop.

in total off the top of my head i was around $160 to $180 for all of it. i know next time when i do the 41 chevy truck or any build after this one with curves in the tubing i will just buy one of those weld it up laker kits. i was still in the plus side of those kits, because i got my cherry bomb and turn downs with that price. you can get them around the same price and the cones are all ready made.

am i happy with the lakers i made, hell yes. will i do it again? cant wait.

don, i did look at that site before i went on my own. they have good prices.

Latest posts

Back