MN International Rat Rod

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kriesel

Hi, name is Jacob, and I built and own a 1940s International K-series pickup. It's kinda a frankenstein of parts from various years of IHC and a few chevy and ford odds and ends, but it all works out quite well in the end. Last summer I got married and we drove this to and from the event and such. Great vehicle, with some great experiences. Look forward to many more.

DSCF6546.JPG

P1110175.jpg

P1110094.jpg

What does new wifey think of the truck???
BTW welcome to RRR!!!

She didn't like me spending so much time in the garage before we got married, but driving it to and from the wedding paid off, and she seems to enjoy having a toy like this around. After some fine-tuning and such she is beginning to like it more. The project will probably never be done, but it's growing on her that she married a car guy... [;)

Congrats!

On getting truck on the road ! And getting the wife to ride in it on her wedding day , way cool....

Hey Kriesel

I love that truck of yours. There is a fellow out in Wisconsin by the name of Michael Perry. He rebuilt an old International Pickup truck and then wrote a book based on it and a girl he met when he was rebuilding it.
I think this link will get you to his website. http://sneezingcow.com/ the title to the International rebuild is "Truck". Your truck seems like a practical build from the pictures you have provided. Welcome to the maddness. I see you have a Jeep too....I am a proud owner of a (resto-rat)1960 Willys truck.

MikeC

Hey Kriesel

I love that truck of yours. There is a fellow out in Wisconsin by the name of Michael Perry. He rebuilt an old International Pickup truck and then wrote a book based on it and a girl he met when he was rebuilding it.
I think this link will get you to his website. http://sneezingcow.com/ the title to the International rebuild is "Truck". Your truck seems like a practical build from the pictures you have provided. Welcome to the maddness. I see you have a Jeep too....I am a proud owner of a (resto-rat)1960 Willys truck.

MikeC
I actually have that book! Someone bought it for me while I was rebuilding my truck. It's a different truck in the book, but still a good read.

My jeep has a diesel swap in it, good times... I also have a 46 willy truck.

Latest posts

Back