model a front suspension q's

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DirtRatsSpeedShop

ok what is it called when the front leaf spring is mounted in the original position on the fram ya know under it the is mounted to the wishbones by some welded on tabs?

i have tried some diff setups like a perch and stuff but i like the look of this way the best. i have tried it but my spring goes too far donw shound i remove some of the leafs and have the weight of the motor pull the spring back up?

here is a pic of the f bomb by the slc throttlers its not a good pick but its the ride height i am going for and his spring is almost flat

Attachments

• 113_0503_06z+1927_ford_model_t+side_view.jpg
    113_0503_06z+1927_ford_model_t+side_view.jpg
    69.4 KB · Views: 90
DRSS, I'm having trouble understanding your questions. I would suggest that you go through several of the Build threads on this Forum. You sould get some good ideas on how to "keep it low".

drss, i too am having some difficulty understanding your ?s are you wanting to mount the spring right to your radius rods or split wishbones to get a lowered look? and what do you mean by the motor pulling your spring back up? the weight of your engine will pull it down, heres a pic of one i built to get the low look. it was on a model a using a early 50s van front axle i used spring behind batwings to get the low look, i first used a split wish bone (and drlled and mounted the spring perch right to the wishbone) but the customer brought me some spindles that would not let the tie rod run thew where it needed to be and didnt want me to heat n bend his new spindles. so i made radius rod bars for the front and attached the spring behind axle style batwings right to the axle. this setup is common on t bucket style frames also you may want to search the web for front views of tbuckets to see more pics.

Attachments

• DSCF0098.jpg
    DSCF0098.jpg
    130 KB · Views: 42
  • DSCF0086.jpg
    DSCF0086.jpg
    127.2 KB · Views: 74
here is a pic

see right under the headlight on the right side that plate or whatever thay used is connecting the spring to the control arm and the spring is mounted in the cross member of the frame

LakeRat.jpg

Latest posts

Back