model t coils for spark for flamethrowers

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

4drcaddy

it seems i can get my hands on rebuilt model t coils . i was told that you can use these for spark for flamethrower setups. before i buy i wanted to see if anyone runs these and what the pros and cons on them? i was told you can run power to them with a resistor and they make a constant spark to the plug? any thoughts or comments?

flame throwers

i know a guy who use to use this setup. the best i remember is you mount coils close to tailpipes. mount plug in pipe and wire to coil. wire in coil to a 2 way switch on dash . in normal position you have power to your coil, hit switch and power goes to t coil,shuts off power to engine coil. engine acts as a pump and sends raw fuel down pipe to be ingnited by plug at end of tail pipe. hope this helps

Just got done installing flamethrowers on my 55 Wagon. Got the basic dual exhaust kit from speedway for $59.99. I used coils that I had laying around from GM points set-up. They work awesome. Had 'em on a couple cars in the past but it's been awhile. Fun to have "fire-mufflers" agian like my boy calls them.

Latest posts

Back