Model T vs. Model A????

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

schulzcep

I am building a Model T Coupe, and trying to get a hold of a frame for it. I want to do a small V8. I am looking at boxing in a Model T or Model A frame, want to see what opinions you all have if a Model T frame will work or do I have to use a Model A.

Thxs

Leave the t chassis alone... they were made to flex to help with suspension travel.... get you some 2x3 rect. tubing and get some crossmembers off speedway and fab out a much stronger frame...

There are several guys on this forum that build and sell frames RPM, Cornfield and i believe choppin tops and a few others.

The model T frame was made for 20 HP and 20 mph. So known as a 20/20 frame. All we build is T Bucket stuff, give me a call. 865-932-7541 or toll free 855-tbucket.

A frame

The A frame is stronger but you could just buy a frame from RPM, Ron is a good guy and builds a great product, he will listen to you and come up with a good solution!

boxed T

50 or so years ago I used 2 model t frames and welded them together, lots of work and lots of time grinding and not all T frames are the same. considering time and cost, using new rect tubing is easier, and stronger, and just use the stock t for measurements if you are going to use the T fenders and running boards, My A roadster is running stock fenders running boards, the frame under it now was hacked up. I have located another one and will buy boxing plates, start from the ground up on the rebuild.

Latest posts

Back