modern rat/hot roddr or a dinosaur???

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

skull

''SARCASM: just one of his many talents.''
with fuel prices going nuts and oil prices doing the "who knows high it'll go" thing, is it changing how your'e projects/ build/redo/ plans for your'e rod/rods?

for me it started in 1999 when l was still working for the BN RR. having to drive 300-700 miles a week or more [ya, a WEEK] my 1965 chevelle wagon was built with a stock 350 chevy, headers, low restriction mufflers, 2 1 /2" exhaust, aluminum intake, small holley econono master 550cfm,
2OOR4, 3:08 gears and 26" tall tires, she pulled 22 mpg.

since then all my builds get OD and fairly stock motors. the excption to the rule is the 1933 plymouth with a 385hp ZZ4 motor and 3:50 gears and a 7OOr4,, she is a fair weather car only so l figure 15 mpg [max] on this car won't be all that bad.

my other 3 builds get mild 350's and OD's with tall gears.

18-26 is mpg is the goal for all 3 of the other hot rods.

Later :cool:

Last edited:
i cant wait for everyone to get hybirds and electric cars,that will drive the gas price back down than i can aford to drive my rat alot more,when somebody ask me what kinda milage it gets i like to tell them i get my monies worth

I saw a kool 3/4 sized roadster that some high school kids built with a 750 Honda motorcycle 4-bang & have *always* wanted to build one! It would be kool & have the look of a radiator in the back car but no radiator. The one I saw was chain drive & I'd use an elec motor as a reverse. Thing would haul & get great mileage. It's time may be coming sooner than I think!!! :D[S[ddd:eek:

BoB

My truck has a 4.3 in it, gets good mpg. I'm not sure exactly how much (no speedo) but I would guess between 20 and 25. I can live with that!!!

I checked mine last weekend and surprised to be getting around 20mpg(mild driving).lol I think OD is a necessity for a hiway drivable ride.

Unfortunately the building for gas mileage part was long time ago. It only gets about 10 mpg +/- And at $3.60 a gallon,:mad: I'm destined to go broke already.:(

most of my rods or choppers only get about 2500 miles on them a year so i could care less wht they get for mileage. The chevelle was around 8mpg last I checked. And it has to run super![cl

Latest posts

Back