Mornin'

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

54'HeadHunter

Mornin';
...love the site. I'm a retired Marine, livin' in the LowCountry. I've been workin' on a 54' Chevy Truck. Some might disagree with "rat rod" status (.....oh well). I've owned it since 88', it had 54,000 orginal miles but has been in storage for 20 yrs. Kids, are grown and gone, so I figured all my excusses were gone, and it was time to get it on the road. Well long story short, I had a totalled 2001 S-10, and a non-runnin' 54 Chevy. So, we threw 'em together. The basic build started in Nov., I drove it home in June. I've been buying parts to finish it (rims, tires, suspension.....). So far I have about $1000-1200 invested. The entire drive train is 2001 S-10, body is 54' Chevy. Fuel injected, Power steering, power ABS Brakes, AC (in but not finished), computerized 4 cyl., seats 60-70 vinyl bench with fold down armrest. We hand fab'd a full metal tilt front end, added 3" extra wide rear fenders. Bed floor is actually the S-10's bed floor. It was so shallow after the swap, wood seemed inappropriate. So, we cut it out of the S-10, trimmed it to fit the 54" bed and welded it in. I just finished the 5" front suspenion drop (...front fenders sit a lil' less then a bud can off the ground). I have a total of 6" worth of drop for the rear, but I'm waiting on the 15x10 chevy rally rims for my M/T Sportsmen 29 12.x15's (needed the extra rubber to fill the massive fenders), before I drop the rear. Hopefully I get it registered and we can start the body work and flat black paint soon. It's nice to meet you all.... "Rat On"

Welcome to RRR. A 54 was my very first truck way back in s,, a long while ago. Sounds like a well done ride. We just need some pics of it.

Welcome!!!

HeadHunter,
Welcome to the forum! LOTS of truckers around here so make u're self @ home! Post some pictures when you can and keep us in the loop on u're build!

BoB

Latest posts

Back