Motor City Motors

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Thunder1

Just finished watching a re-run of the 26 T Gasser build episode.
Think what you want but I think it was foolish to take a really descent looking stock 26 T and butcher it to build a gasser. :( To add to the disapointment the T got smoked on it's debut run! :D Serves em right! [cl

I can't wait for the 1500 H.P. Porta-john episode! [;)

Attachments

• motor-city-motors-after 26 T.jpg
    motor-city-motors-after 26 T.jpg
    74.1 KB · Views: 41
Last edited:
That show stunk and so did the crew working on it. By contrast, we just watched a Monster Garage video I got for Xmas. The only episode we watched was the one with Gene Winfield, Bill Hines, and the other pros who did that 54 Chevy that Jesse ended up keeping. What a real pleasure to watch true professionals who know their craft working on a car. No drama, no arguments, each guy dug in quietly and did his thing. Even Jesse was silent and respectful of these artists, as he should have been.

The shows like Motor City Motors are made by producers who "think" they know what the viewing public wants to see. They don't know squat! :mad:

Don

its probably for effect and drama of the show, but how would you like to have to work with wacky brother. always off screwing around painting, or not showing up. when he does come in he just irritates the guys trying to build.

I'm glad to see that I'm not the only one who see's it. I'll change the Channel from now on rather than waste my time again.

Yes, I remember that Monster Garage episode with Gene Winfield and the rest of the masters. the best show they ever did in my opinion too.

T1

That show stunk and so did the crew working on it. By contrast, we just watched a Monster Garage video I got for Xmas. The only episode we watched was the one with Gene Winfield, Bill Hines, and the other pros who did that 54 Chevy that Jesse ended up keeping. What a real pleasure to watch true professionals who know their craft working on a car. No drama, no arguments, each guy dug in quietly and did his thing. Even Jesse was silent and respectful of these artists, as he should have been.

Don,
Your're right, that was a great show. Those guys were the real thing, they all respected each other and none of them had anything to prove. They'd already proved it long ago! Foose's team seems the same way. I thought it was sad the way Boyd's show came off like a car version of American Chopper. I hope that wasn't really the way they operated.

ISore

I liked watching American Chopper and Boyd's show in the beginning, but as time went on they just became another soap opera! Too much in fighting and that's not professionalism at all......CR

I know. If the glimpses we got at Boyds operation were half true it really didn't speak highly of how the operation was run or how the cars were built. I think there was some "Hollywood" thrown in there, but some of it looked like it was just the way it really was. Lots of confusion, tension, goofups (and goof offs) and rushing to make a deadline without regard for proper cure times, etc.

I think Boyds image had to be tarnished a little by what we all saw.

Don

Latest posts

Back