My 1962 XK falcon ute build

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RATBAG

thought I would start a new thread for this rather then spam up my intro thread haha

I found this sitting in a paddock a couple of weeks back, its actually really solid considering it was sitting hard on the ground with no diff for the past 8 yrs. needs floors replaced and thats it really. Im leaving the rest as is. putting a 250 out of a 71 falcon in it and ill have it real low.

f8ae8f90.jpg

how i found it

18f59c43.jpg

diff in, lowered at the rear and back at my home

de3a91b1.jpg

old engine out and ready for new engine

the This weekend I have done a bit more. Got the old dinted crap taillights out and got the new ones in

06bc161c.jpg

b9f2a9c9.jpg

It's actually starting to look like a cool car now. Although I need to find some badges for my tailgate.

I also test fitted up all my interior bits (thanks rocket kustom for the radio blank) so whacked the glovebox lid, steering wheel, gauges and radio blank in there.

32fb7a1b.jpg

And that's where it stopped for now haha. Will keep the updates coming

Cheers
Brad

Did you get the wagon top too? That might make a cool hard tonneau cover with a little work. Those are cool lil vehicles.

Cheers everyone. Hopefully I'll have the newer engine in in the next couple days. Then I can sort out that height in the front too

Sam_fear - I did actually get that roof too. I bought 2 utes 2 wagons and a sedan off the guy and that roof was chucked in. I hadnt thought of doing that but that's not a bad idea and something I think I will have to look in too haha

Todd - haha why is that mate?

wow been almost a year since an update here haha.

Done a bit to the ute, still not on the road but getting close now.

Got my roof all ready to ahh....... leave it like this haha
c1549c2b.jpg

put my new guards on
6a1ef9c3.jpg

9f2b022a.jpg

and fitted some white wall tyres to it
471e9d91.jpg

7d004a33.jpg

73862375.jpg

i also have a 4link and bags to fit up to it soon aswell
c48e70c1.jpg

hopefully I will have it on the road soon.

but heres 1 last photo that I have that im sure some of you will like. Its my fav pic of the lot.

Moss, low and white walls haha
578d31eb.jpg

anyone got any ideas on where I can buy some cool old school stickers to stick on my hoodlining and fill my rear windows with?

Love it dude!!! Bought my Son a '63 when he turned 16 & have a '57 currently! Can't wait to follow u're progress!!! [cl[cl[cl

BoB

have done a bit to the ute lately so thought I would update here.

Got a good running 221 engine and 3 speed auto from a mate who was putting an 8 into his car

4035940b.jpg

and dropped it straight into the ute

fba871c8.jpg

it actually looks a bit to flash in there [S

01dccbce.jpg

9ee9faf5.jpg

and this is her as it sits at the moment

7a894ad8.jpg

b97cc1cb.jpg

6be80b0c.jpg

Nice

Darn I eat my heart out I had a 1964 with a hot 289 and a 4speed. great looking cars. but prone to rust everywhere here in the east coast where they use tons of salt in the winters. great looking car.

Love it! looks great in the weeds. What did you do to get the front end down? I am doing a 62 wagon and want it down like that and don't want to or can't spend the bucks for Fat Man parts. Looks great, keep up the work

Latest posts

Back