My 24 year old "New" project

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Annoying Eric

Quick back story. My dad bought all this in 1989 when my parents got divorced. Think it a way to say "**** you" to my mom for making him sell his 54 corvette when they got married. lol regardless. In 07, he gave it to me cause he never finished it. I always had my own projects so i would work on it here and there. welding in new floor pans, fitting new parts on here and there. Well now 2013 i drove home to NYC loaded it onto the trailer and brought it back to my new home in indiana so i can finally finish it.

1955 porsche 356a speedster replica
scat 1915cc stroker engine.
Freeway racer transmission
4 wheel disc brake conversion

I stripped everything off for the drive home.

Its new home.

Even though the engine was brand new in 1989 and has never had any miles put on it. Got water in a cylinder and ruined the jug. I should have it all put back together and running next weekend..

That's cool. You can sure tell where they got the styling for the VW Karmann Ghia. Poor mans Porshe. That ought to be a blast to drive. [cl

Yeah should be a cool project. I'm getting back into VWs after 20 years and enjoying it so far.

That thing will be plenty fast with a 1915. An all-steel VW bug is 1700lbs. I bet that thing is about 1200lbs. :D:eek:

I'd really like to build a 356 coupe replica someday. Only 1 or 2 companies make them and they are really expensive though.

Attachments

• 356 1.jpg
    356 1.jpg
    7.8 KB · Views: 15
There is a speedster site called drive toys.com. Full of information and what seems to be a bunch of good people. Try it.

Latest posts

Back