My 29 Sedan Delivery

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Croozer

This is my 29, Runs an Iron Duke 4cyl backed by a T-5 trans and a 65 Nova rear diff.
29d062.jpg

Wow thats nice !! is it all rusty under that shiney paint ? that lettering really sets that SD off nice , great job !

Thanks, I have gotten to the point in my life where I can afford to paint and finish my rides. I thought this one deserved just that. The gold leaf was laid by Howie Nisgor here in the Hudson Valley. The body was rust free to begin with and well taken care of over the years...Not a speck of plastic. Small primer corrections was all it took. It was a rescue effort. It was getting pretty shabby so over the winter I put the shiny on and a new drivetrain. So far, 3500 trouble free miles.

I was just kidding about the rust ...... it looks straight as an arrow somebody knows how to do body work , wish I did....I like your engine choice too , different , I like things you don`t see on every other car.

I have to confess, I have an auto restoration shop and have been at it for over 30 years. I love all kinds of cars as long as they are interesting and cleverly built.

I got it in December, Worked on it all winter til April when I finished it. I got the leaf and stiping done a month ago. Thanks.

Very nice!

Croozer,
I love delivery's and yours is definitely sweet! Very nice job, hope you drive it alot!

ISore

Very sharp little SD. :):) It's obvious you know your stuff.

I have the same Dixco tach. Guy I worked with was an old hot rodder from Texas, and when he retired and was moving back to Texas he found this old tach in his stash and brought it to work one day for a gift for me. He had it on an old '62 Ford that he used to race. So it really means something special to me that he gave me this one. Has the right patina and all.

Don

Again, Thanks guys for the kudos. The car has a long way to go yet but over this winter it will be finished. Needs a new top and alot of chromework. Still hasn`t been wetsanded and buffed. I`m building a second Iron Duke which will have a small amount of muscle. Story and pix to come as soon as I find a head for the new engine. Any Duke fans out there with a spare head?

Latest posts

Back