my 33 speedstar

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Scooter67

these are some pictures from some shows attended last few years. HAN 2009. Blackies 2010, Orland 2010. this car was built at home im my shop . this is not a kit car and Yes its fiberglass. Rats glass body and full custom chassis. ford 9" posi body hotrod series wheels. 22-10 rear 18-7 front.
has vortec 350 with 700r4 trans. most all parts were made custom one off for this car. here is link to some pictures
https://picasaweb.google.com/scottysrods/33Speedstar

Attachments

• han2009.jpg
    han2009.jpg
    147.7 KB · Views: 78
  • blackies.jpg
    blackies.jpg
    140.2 KB · Views: 56
  • orland.jpg
    orland.jpg
    139.9 KB · Views: 49
Beautiful car Scooter. It certainly deserves all the awards. Looks like it should handle real well. Be fun to take it to a track day.

very nice......the only problem i can see with it....

it looks just like any other boyd smoothster........
or your very basic smoothed out mid 30s roadster

lets see some biuld pics

I am very aware this car does not really fit this forum. This was a two year build. I am not asking you to like it just thought some people may respect the amount of work and skill it takes to make a car look this clean. Being compared to body is an honor he was one of the pioneers modern rods.
I have over a thousand build pics I'll put up some highlights because honestly
Don't think this build interests people hear!

i didnt say that i dont respect it i build street rods i know what it takes to make them nice and clean. i said i dont like a few thing for example the hoods sides, i like them opened up or louvered to nice of a motor to hide thats all.

Attachments

• 0611091625-00.jpg
    0611091625-00.jpg
    134.2 KB · Views: 8
Scooter, No need to be defensive. People here recognize the time, money and effort it takes to build such a high quality car. I believe you will get more positive remarks from this group of rat rodders than you would get on that "traditional" hot rod site.

Glad you are posting some build pice. I'm particularily interested in the front suspension; how much you built from scratch, how it rides and corners.

its close ratio rack and pinnion all billet. coil overs front and rear from heits. handles like a dream only weighs about 1300 pounds.

and yes it has 1900 miles on in i have been driving it for a year or so. the first 6 months didnt drive had a bunch of indoor shows attend.

since this build i have deffinately got more involved in old school rat builds. i posted on the one im currently building.

I figure if you built it yourself it's fine here on RRR. It's a really nice looking car and I love that color. If I had the green stamps I would probably build something similar. I like when one uses their ingenuity too make something out of almost nothing like many guys do on this site. To me thats what defines a rat rod. But i like nice cars too. Build pics would be nice.

Latest posts

Back