My 41 Dodge

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I totally love your build! And the teardrop trailer is fantastic.!
Now I'm going to have to think about getting a teardrop..
Thanks a lot!
Your handle is fitting... Never done.

Thanks bud! I really enjoy this thing. Of course right now it is just sitting around collecting dust. Doesn't work well as a snow plow so I just leave it in the shop for now. I still have a couple other plans for it so hopefully I get to those soon!

Yes the screen name fits well. I think it goes along with some sort of ADD but not too sure [S . But it is my name on every site. I have at any given time problem 2-30 projects going, non of them done ;)

AHHH THE OPEN ROAD!!!!

IMG_20150316_174038_102_zpsrlim0xoh.jpg

Was nice ish Monday so got it out for a little stress relief cruise. Love how every where I go I get thumbs up and people asking to take pictures and stuff. Was only out for about an hour but it was fun! Can't wait for more nice weather.

Also talking to a laser cutting shop about a flange to make a header for this. It needs a nice exhaust, what it has ain't working for me.

wow

man that is lookin gorgeous! dont know if id have had the nerve to chop it that much, but wow! i love the teardrop too! hope to build one myself someday! did i say that thing is lookin gorgeous?

Went for a drive yesterday. Though it wasn't long still a stress relief. Got a couple other things that need some help on it now. Pinion seal started leaking.... And it still leaks tranny fluid. I'm about to just take it to a shop and say.... ******* fix it.

Working on getting stuff to build a custom header. Got a guy going to laser the flange for me since I can't find anyone that sells one. Had a friend draw it up for me on AutoCAD, now just need to check the drawing against the head and make sure it will fit.

Application approved and the Dodge and I now get to run my 1947 plate. No more buying tags for 10 YEARS! And then it is only $35!! Good deal! LOL

Good deal on the plates Nd.[cl
Bummer about the leaks. They can be a real PITA. Seems like a common problem with vehicles that sit for periods between getting used.
Torchie

Cleaned this dude up a bit, after the last car show/mud run it was looking pretty rough. Gearing up for the next car show in a week. Replaced the pinion seal finally. Still have a little leak goin on in the trans. But we are surviving.

Ran in to another issue..... Noticed I have a pretty strong air leak..... snooping around I found that it is coming from the compressor..... After doing some reading I found this is not that uncommon. Have any of you ran in to this? None the less I ordered in a couple check valves and am going to be putting one on it tonight. Also think I might squirt a little oil in the compressor.... It is an oilless unit, but I thought it still has to have some seals in it. I know we have oilless systems at the plant that we put a drop or two in once in a while, so I figured it couldn't hurt.

Latest posts

Back