My '41 Ford PU build!

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Spent the last couple of daze getting driver's door situated & installing bear claw latch. Finally got er done & back to my real job till next weekend when I'll do the passenger door. Nearly on the road... yipppeee!!!

BoB

Attachments

• ddoor.jpg
    ddoor.jpg
    95.2 KB · Views: 80
I thought it was looking good without doors. All the extra weight of those doors and stuff is probably gonna slow it down a lot...

I thought it was looking good without doors. All the extra weight of those doors and stuff is probably gonna slow it down a lot...

Haha! Probably gonna need that lil bit of extra weight for some much needed traction!!!

I'm hook'n up the releases for the Bear Claw latches then off for an extended cruise & 1st real fillup at the gas station! I guess it's video time!!! After 4 1/2 years... I'm pretty jazzed!!!

BoB

Attachments

• truckin.jpg
    truckin.jpg
    100.5 KB · Views: 55
Looks baaaad with that brass radiator and those carbs poking out!!

Can't wait to see (or hear) you blasting around the hood in that thing.

1st time @ the pump! And no... I don't have the Bonehead cow skull air filters on yet but have no fear!!! :eek::eek::eek:

BoB

Attachments

• pumpin.jpg
    pumpin.jpg
    50.9 KB · Views: 69
Looks even better out in "public". Nice high angle shot makes it look very low.

How does it ride?

Bob,
Thanks, I just took the foto standing in front of it... it is low! And it rides & steers great... I'm very pleased so far! Can't wait to get it on the open road!!! [ddd

BoB

Been in cruise mode today & like a dog markin' his territory... I left a lil asphalt graffiti just for fun!!! :eek:[ddd

BoB

Well... my PU's about 50 miles from my place in H-town so today I'm gonna install a plexi-glass windshield for the trip. I plan on having a real glass one made once I get it back to town but for now this will have to do! I'll post fotos a lil later! I'll also be puttin' on the kool bottle opener I bought from the Bonehead... gots ta love it!!! :D:D:D

BoB

Attachments

• Boneheadskull.jpg
    Boneheadskull.jpg
    100 KB · Views: 13
Took an extended cruise today. Wow... with MII front it handles like a slot car. Got 'er up to about 70-80 & it rode great & accelerates even at that speed with the 3.0:1 gears in the quick change. Can't wait to put in something in the 4's... think I'll try the 4.25 I have next! :eek::eek::eek:

Also installed plexi-glass windshields for the trip back to Houston where I'll get a real glass ones installed! Pictures tomorrow!

BoB

Ok, today is a red letter day... I'm gonna drive the PU the 50 miles back to H-town. I feel is pretty much road worthy & here's a good way to find out. I seen to have some lil charging prob but am taking an extra battery along just in case. Wish me luck!!! :D

BoB

Latest posts

Back