My '41 Ford PU build!

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
How about an expanded metal cage and you can bring some of the chickens to the Round Up??? No, wait, bad idea, chicken poop on the quick change isn't good.

Transparency?

How about a clear plastic section? Or something you can see through. Probably not glass since that could break. Or fence mesh, or ... Gotta show off that diff!

Bustin' it tryin' to get the frame for the bed floor built! Just wondering how I've made it to this age being so stupid!?! Do'n a lil grinding and stupidly took the guard off one of my grinders to get in a tight space & it kikked back & put a lil grind on my index finger. Luckily it cauterized it so it didn't bleeb but it hurts like the devil... I cry!!!

BoB

Hmmm. I just had a similar close call (but no damage). Maybe it's just not a good day to play with sharp and potentially dangerous power tools ...

"There's a disturbance in the force." Obiwan

Nearly have the frame built for the expanded metal!

BoB

Attachments

• bedframe.jpg
    bedframe.jpg
    77.7 KB · Views: 36
Just finished going back through you're build.......
MAN!!!!!!! I like this truck.......Good stuff Tripper [cl

Thanks! This was the build that was only gonna take 6-12 months that only took 5 years! :eek::eek::eek:

Just keep the fingers away from spinning objects...lol..:D

Tell me!!! Finger's been hurting all day!

BoB

You need to have a clear piece of lexan cut to make the bed semi functional & maintain the view to the QC.

Nice ...

Round up is this Sat & I'm gittin' ready! Got the expanded metal cut to size today & will weld it in place in the morning! Gonna build a tailgate too but that's not gonna be ready for the show! :D

BoB

Attachments

• expanded.jpg
    expanded.jpg
    54.5 KB · Views: 52
Looking good Bob. You'll have to be careful when you have things in the bed,
the air flow will blow anything light out.

I had expanded metal in the bed of a pickup and in the rain it was a spectacle watching the spray going up while driving down the road.

... Got the expanded metal cut to size today & will weld it in place in the morning!...:D

BoB
LMAO. [cl We are proud of our contraptions, aren't we? :D If I had a rear end like that, I'd want to flaunt it, too. [ddd

On the practical side, you could get one of those rubber mats that fits the bed for those times when you need a solid floor.

Decided to put in a real tinted glass windshield insted of the "temporary" plexi one & wipers too. Nearly there!!!

BoB

Attachments

• windshield.JPG
    windshield.JPG
    121.2 KB · Views: 33

Latest posts

Back