My '41 Ford PU build!

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nice rear Bob! That looks fantastick. I think you should bring it to the Turkey Run in Daytona so you can check out Don's sun burnt head. Are those Wheel adapters? If so where did you get them?

Rear assembled & disc's on now... gittin' closer to a *roller*!!! Rollers r GOOD... I'm *really* gittin' fired up now!!! Set pinion angle... weld mounts & put on da big tires... sweet!!!

brakes2.jpg

BoB

is that a socket or a square drive lug nut I see there ?

Are those Wheel adapters? If so where did you get them?

is that a socket or a square drive lug nut I see there ?

I was wonderin' if anyone would catch that!? That's a 2" spacer to clear the bed frame with the wheels I'm usin'! Good eye!!! My buddy's friend makes 'um... $100 ea. And yep... that's a socket still in there! This disc brake kit also has a e-brake which I will be hookin' up under da dash... hand operated!

BoB

Last edited:
Bob, is that the Ford SVO rear disk kit? If so, that's what I used on my Anglia. They work great. I didn't use the e-brake parts though. I gutted those parts and cut the tabs for them off of the brackets.

Bob, is that the Ford SVO rear disk kit? If so, that's what I used on my Anglia. They work great. I didn't use the e-brake parts though. I gutted those parts and cut the tabs for them off of the brackets.

Gastrick... no they're from Speedway! Just kiddin'... I did order them from Speedway & will call them to find out what they're really from!

BoB

Attachments

• 3close.jpg
    3close.jpg
    48.4 KB · Views: 136
  • bullit.jpg
    bullit.jpg
    45.6 KB · Views: 132
  • 3vert.jpg
    3vert.jpg
    38.1 KB · Views: 147
  • roller.jpg
    roller.jpg
    24.1 KB · Views: 256
Last edited:
Nothing finer than a Nailhead with a bunch of carbs and nice detailing, except maybe for a Quickie rear end. Your truck is first class all the way. Nice work, Bob

Man, this is great! I just got thru readin` the thread. I thought about choppin the `ol 46 when I first built it, but I really like the old original glass. I`ve got to tell you though, it`s gettin` real hard to keep from startin` my chop after readin` this thread, I might just have to do it! Lookin GREAT Trip, can`t wait to see more progress!!!

Lee

Thanks!

Thanks guys... I hope to make this a driver by Thanksgiving weekend... either Autorama here in H-town or for da Turkey Run on da rat coast with Don, Gastrick & da gang! Still havein' a hard time findin' front fenders! I cry!!!

BoB

Tripper that Buick looks just perfect. Very traditional (oops, am I on the right forum???? :D) Nice job.

You gotta come to Turkey Run. First of all, we want to finally meet you, and secondly, Florida isn't a bad place to be in late November. :D

Don

Finally... Fenders!!! Yipppeeeeee!!!

Well... I've been searchin' for front fenders for my truck to no avail but after a tip from 24Dodge... I scored! Got both fenders that are not too bad... not too good. Now I can get on with the front of the beast! Thanks 24!!! Also found a cheap alum radiator for it so it's really startin' to take shape... fotos shortly!!!

BoB

Attachments

• fender.JPG
    fender.JPG
    17.6 KB · Views: 40
Yes... finally progress!

Nailhead is comin' together & frame has tubular x-mamber installed. Should go faster now!!!

BoB

Attachments

• rockers.jpg
    rockers.jpg
    52.9 KB · Views: 106
  • xmember.jpg
    xmember.jpg
    49.7 KB · Views: 165

Latest posts

Back