My '42 Chevy pickup build

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Turn signal lever ???????

Anyone ever use one of these turn signal switches?

Attachments

• 91062850_L.jpg
    91062850_L.jpg
    11.6 KB · Views: 15
Do you have a 2 prong flasher or 3 like shown and does the cap on the arm have a bulb in the end of it, IT looks like it should. If it is not lighting up with the flashers on, The yellow wire more then likly is going to that. You migth have to wire the red and yellow together if you have a 2 prong flasher. I had to do that before.

Do you have a 2 prong flasher or 3 like shown and does the cap on the arm have a bulb in the end of it, IT looks like it should. If it is not lighting up with the flashers on, The yellow wire more then likly is going to that. You migth have to wire the red and yellow together if you have a 2 prong flasher. I had to do that before.

I only have a 2 prong flasher so I will try wiring the 2 togeter and see if the works :) Thanx GJ

Is that the speedway one? If so I have the same one. There was two sets of directions that came with mine. I didn't use the directions posted. I used the ones that looked like they were hand written and photocopied.

If that helps any:D

Is that the speedway one? If so I have the same one. There was two sets of directions that came with mine. I didn't use the directions posted. I used the ones that looked like they were hand written and photocopied.

If that helps any:D

I only got one set of instructions :(

Ok I need help here!! I have tried wiring the yellow and red wires together and still nothing I need to know where this stupid yellow wire has to go in order for me to get power to the turn signal switch - On the diagram it says it goes to the P terminal I only have an L & X terminal on my flasher

Attachments

• Turn signal instructions.jpg
    Turn signal instructions.jpg
    100.2 KB · Views: 9
Wish I was closer I throw down a mean wire job. The power comes in on the red #6 wire out of the flasher (battery-fuse-flasher-red #6 into switch) Are all your bulbs in, some of the flasher won't work with out 3 bulbs thats why the yellow wire goes to the bulb in the arm. The reason for having all the bulbs hooked up is the flasher works by charging and discharging if it is not doing this the flasher could be in the off position and can't charge and discharge. your system would act like there is no power to the switch. also make sure the bulbs are grounded out real good. if they are not grounded when you turn on the flashers and running lights at the same time the system will back feed through lights. hope this helps

What do you mean? I am very new to wiring :( I'm sorry I feel so damn stupid

Take a wire and connect it to + side of battery and the other end to the red wire (disconect from flash relay first) flip the switch to one side or the other lights will come on and stay on. them touch the yellow to the jumper to see if the bulb on the switch arm comes on. if all light lite up doing this the flasher relay may be bad.

Take a wire and connect it to + side of battery and the other end to the red wire (disconect from flash relay first) flip the switch to one side or the other lights will come on and stay on. them touch the yellow to the jumper to see if the bulb on the switch arm comes on. if all light lite up doing this the flasher relay may be bad.

Ok cool I did that and the lights come on but when I touched the yellow wire to the jumper it didn't light up at all

I have indicator lights in the dash panel also and they lit up so if it is just that the light on the lever is crap no biggie

After thought, the switch housing may not be gounding out if your colunm is painted or you have rubber mounts. but if you are not worried about the switch light then problem solved [cl

After thought, the switch housing may not be gounding out if your colunm is painted or you have rubber mounts. but if you are not worried about the switch light then problem solved [cl

Never thought about that!! But brother THANK YOU SO MUCH!!! I really appreciate the help!!!

I think I might just have the buddy of mine make an aluminum piece for the end of the lever that matches my light switch knob :)

Latest posts

Back