My 48 Ford is still for sale ........

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DonMan

I`ve been selling things on the internet ever since Al Gore invented it :) and I`ve had many broken promises in the past, that`s just the nature of the beast, I live and learn. I pride myself in knowing the difference between a buyer and a dreamer. Well boys, I fell for this one. He convinced me that I was going to see the money "tomorrow" and we spoke on phone several times, working out the dates to pick this up and exchanged emails working out the Bill of Sale, etc...
"Tomorrow" never came and I fell for it. Needless to say, My truck is still for sale. :mad:
It`s not that I need the $500, I do not. What I really need is for this `48 to be gone so that I can bring my`62 home. I need the storage space. I asked a favor of a friend and he let me set my `62 on his property. I told him I only needed a couple weeks. My time is up and I hate to infringe on him. I feel like I`m taking advantage of his generosity and I hate that.
Well, thanks for letting me vent a little here.

link to ad :
http://ratrodsrule.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2933

Last edited:
Don, the problem is that there are about a bajillion F1's sitting in fields in this part of the world. I had an F1 rolling chassis that I couldn't get $100 for.

maybe we can set up a string of RRR memebers who could ring it closer to Washington, you know one guy travel an hour, the next guy an hour, pretty soon it wouldbe in Portland and i could drive down there and pick it up? any takers? lOL

Pablo

Don, the problem is that there are about a bajillion F1's sitting in fields in this part of the world. I had an F1 rolling chassis that I couldn't get $100 for.

I suppose all those bajillion pickups are all straight and virtually rust-free like mine. I will assume that they are already sitting on a modern drivetrain like mine. So what are you proposing that I do ? Crush it ?

I suppose all those bajillion pickups are all straight and virtually rust-free like mine. I will assume that they are already sitting on a modern drivetrain like mine. So what are you proposing that I do ? Crush it ?

I guess what I'm trying to say is that your truck isn't gone because there are a lot of old trucks sitting around this part of the world. Whole "project" vehicles are NOT a global market. It's the law of supply and demand...the more of them there are sitting around, the less likely someone will want yours. Unless it's a real bargain or a local buyer wants that particualr combo, it's not gonna go anywhere. I know where there is a good, solid F3 truck sitting in a field less than a mile from my house...the owner will sell it for $200. I paid $150 for the one I parted out. I'm not saying you should crush it-that would be foolish. Part it out. You'll get more money in the end. If you want it gone whole, price it cheaper and it'll be gone quick. If it was an F1 I'd probably have been over to Wichita Falls to get it myself. I'm not trying to be an a$$hole...but if you want to get rid of the truck it's gotta be cheaper or better than what's available close to a potential buyer's home.

maybe we can set up a string of RRR memebers who could ring it closer to Washington, you know one guy travel an hour, the next guy an hour, pretty soon it wouldbe in Portland and i could drive down there and pick it up? any takers? lOL

Pablo

IF going north west to Washington doesn't work....how about north east to North Carolina? If some members can "relay" it there, I could pick it up when I come down for the Auto Fair at Charlotte....oh sorry, Lowes Speedway:)

Seriously, there may be a tons of that type of tin where you guys are from, but around here the salt the state uses on the roads during the winter eat everything away.... Don, if I were closer that truck would be sitting in my garage

It is not a matter of being overpriced. If it were local, I would snatch it up. Alot of work has already been done, way better than one in a field.

I can`t believe that someone is sitting here telling me that this truck is overpriced at $500 ..... :confused:

OK, so if $500 is so high, then what is the fair market value of this truck ?? $175 ???

I`ve asked for offers and nobody has made one, so yea, you may be right -- these old trucks are a dime a dozen and they`re practically falling out of trees.

Why would it be foolish to drag this across the scales ? It might fetch $150 or so and that`s $150 more than I`ve been offered.

I can`t believe that someone is sitting here telling me that this truck is overpriced at $500 ..... :confused:

OK, so if $500 is so high, then what is the fair market value of this truck ?? $175 ???

I`ve asked for offers and nobody has made one, so yea, you may be right -- these old trucks are a dime a dozen and they`re practically falling out of trees.

Why would it be foolish to drag this across the scales ? It might fetch $150 or so and that`s $150 more than I`ve been offered.

Don, I'm not not trying to be a jerk...I don't think Im getting my point across. It's overpriced for WHERE YOU ARE! Wichita Falls is the middle of nowhere. Apparently, there isn't anyone in your area that's willing to pay your asking price. There aren't many buyers from outside a 100 mile radius that will buy WHOLE project cars that can be had for the same amount locally. Most of the guys who are buying/building old trucks scout all around where they live, and can locate one closer to home for the same money. You (and I) live in an area that has literally thousands of old Ford F1's and other trucks sitting around gradually rotting to the ground. I had a similar truck, but it was on a stock F1 chassis. I ran it on Ebay, craigslist, posted it on forums, and never got a single offer. I finally ended up selling just the cab and doors for the price I was asking for the whole thing a month earlier. I sold it to a guy who cut it up for donor metal for a top chop. The rolling chassis with the engine and trans in it is still in my yard. I tried to sell it cheap, but never got a buyer. I'll probably end up giving away the motor, trans, and frame or hauling it for scrap iron. Divide your trcuk up into pieces and price each individually: Hood, front fenders, doors, cab, bed, tailgate, back fenders, frame. You might be surprised and make more than $500. A guy looking for a door might pay $100 and drive a couple of hours to get it, but won't buy a $500 truck. I recently bought a set of stepside fenders and running boards for my 1967 longbed GMC and paid $150 for them. BUT, if it had been a whole truck priced at $500 I wouldn't have driven 2 hours to go look at it when all I wanted was fenders.

I will not part it out. Why ? Because I need to get rid of the WHOLE truck. Selling off a few pieces will not help my situation, even if they brought more than $500. Money is not the issue, it`s that I need to move the whole truck. The sooner it`s gone, the sooner I can bring my `62 home.
I don`t think it`s a lack of interest, not sure why it hasn`t sold. I posted it on craigslist yesterday and received 7 phone calls. One guy was only 45 miles away. Said he wanted it for sure but didn`t have $500. I asked how much he had and he said "Not $500". I told him to offer me how much cash he had and he might could buy it. He said he`d have to get back to me. Why did he call ? :confused:
Oh, it will sell soon, maybe not for $500, but it will sell.

Wichita Falls is the middle of nowhere. You (and I) live in an area that has literally thousands of old Ford F1's and other trucks sitting around gradually rotting to the ground.

Not exactly the middle of nowhere.:) Population 110,000. 100 miles from Dallas/Fort Worth and 100 miles from Oklahoma City. You haven`t listed your location in your profile. Where do you reside ? Just curious. ;)

Not exactly the middle of nowhere.:) Population 110,000. 100 miles from Dallas/Fort Worth and 100 miles from Oklahoma City. You haven`t listed your location in your profile. Where do you reside ? Just curious. ;)

I'm in Sherman. If you just need storage, my family has a place in Oklahoma.

Last edited:
Don that truck is not over priced, I would snap it up for 500 and not even haggle with you. Even with shipping to Washington it is still close to a fair deal. personally i would sit on it until it sells.

Pablo

Sorry Don; The kid I called about your truck bought one last week that ran for $300. Wish I'd found it before he did.:mad: I'll keep shakin the trees and see if I can find you a buyer.

Latest posts

Back