My 51 Dodge project

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vht

Dodge 1.jpg

Dodge2.jpg

dodge4.jpg

dodge6.jpg

dodge 3.jpg

This is my 51 Dodge business coupe project. My daughter was teaching me how to post pics, so this was kind of a test run. Take a look and see what you think. Right now I think I'm putting my 434 sbc in it. Been thinking hard on pro streeting it.

I'm pretty much chevy all the way, but if I could afford it I'm like you, it'd be cool to have a Hemi in there.

What year clip of Camaro did you use? Also if I may how far back did you cut the Dodge. I was figuring just in front of the firewall. Thanks

Clip was a 79 Nova. Can't remember exactly where I cut it. I split the dodge frame on the outside and bent it out enough to slid the nova frame back in it 6 or so inches. Once the frame was tacked solid I pulled the frame back in with clamps and welded everything solid. Afterwards I plated it with 1/4 in plate.

Thanks for the input that answers a few of the issues I am struggling with. I love your build, I need to get some pics up of mine. Course I need to get a starting point going also.

No problem 007, anything I can help you with I will. One tip, don't use Summit's paint. At least the hot rod black.

Change of plans, going gasser. After about 50 people told me it would make a good gasser, I got to thinking about how I used to lust over them in hotrod magazines, I realized it'd be a real cool street and strip build. Sold the front clip, got the wheels and tires, complete rear end set up for sale. Gathering parts now. I'll keep everyone posted. BBC 496, fenderwell headers, and sometime a tunnel ram and 2 4's.

Latest posts

Back