My 54 F100 Build

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Fordman,
I think the decision to go with the 300/MT was a good idea. Pops always told me "You spend all that time makin it look good but cain't nobody see it at 100 MPH"....... If it was me ( being the cheapskate I am) would try to use everything possible from the donor truck. You know, maybe power windows, power disk brakes..things like that..O-yeah, AC as well.

Well I got the other front cab mount bolted back on today and welded 38 nuts & washers to the frame. Only 30 to go. :rolleyes: But before I can do the rest I need to enlarge all the holes in the frame and spring hangers.

No pics my camera batteries went dead. :mad:

Good work. I was going to off a tip but it sounds like you are well on your way. I was going to suggest that you cover the threaded part of the bolts that protrude through the nuts that you are welding to the frame in order to prevent welding spatter from landing in the threads of the bolts while you are welding close to them.

All of the type of work that you are doing right now pays big dividends later.

man sometimes its good living in arizona i cant wait for winter so i can really put in some time on my truck its been way too hot to work on it during the day but now its getting cooler:D

I know about that flip flopping thing.:eek::D
I do it on a regular basis. keeps things interesting.
I eventully settle on what it is I am gonna do.
There is a lot involved in these kind of projects and things are learned along the way.
Sometimes that new information changes things.

Sounds like a plan, keep plugging.:D

You gotta do what you gotta do. We all know the feeling. I love those old 78-79 Ford trucks and have owned a bunch of them through the years. Including 3 now. They are easy to work on and there are alot of them around. Should be a great truck when you are done.

Ted's always got a plan!:D

This new plan sounds like you should be able to get LOTS of use out of that Effie now. That'll be quite the hauler!

Also the change in plans scores me your old 9 inch rearend for my truck. I was looking for one for a while so I'm happy about that also.

Good luck "hunting" this weekend.

Hat

Looks like a great donor truck. I paid $100.00 here for a great cab and front clip, because I needed a drivers door. I think you have a good one there, mainly because I am a big fan of 78-79 Fords anyway.

Maybe go with some old time logos, or a theme, like an icecream truck, or some soda company, fresh fish, because to me it looks like a cooler. Any way, I think it could be a pretty nice truck in the end.

Latest posts

Back