My boss' new bumper sticker...

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mike S.

That's one shady lookin' dude taking the picture!

Attachments

• Image0058.jpg
    Image0058.jpg
    64 KB · Views: 82
So true, so true. There's a great book titled "Maikong" or close to it. It's the story of Navy Seal John Tyler. His time trying to avoid the draft, joining the Navy, UDT school, SEAL training and his exploits in Vietnam. One of the best books I've ever read.

If you're into war time stories, another great book is titled "Samurai". It's the bio of Saburo Sakai (The Angel of Death). The second highest Japanese Ace that survived WWII. The training it took to became a Naval Aviator.

I'll have to check those out. I read Richard Marcinko's (the founder of SEAL Team Six) autobiography years ago. Those guys, are a different breed and I am glad we have 'em! The History Channel has been running really good SEAL and Spec-Ops specials lately. Good stuff!

I'll have to check those out. I read Richard Marcinko's (the founder of SEAL Team Six) autobiography years ago. Those guys, are a different breed and I am glad we have 'em! The History Channel has been running really good SEAL and Spec-Ops specials lately. Good stuff!
Do you remember the Apollo Space Missions. If you see footage of a frogman jumping into the ocean to attach a sea anchor, that was Frank Sobeski. I worked with him when I joined the Sheriff's Dept.. At the time, he was the biggest guy to ever go through Seal Training. One of the stories he told me was when his team was suppose to mop up VC at the river when they were flushed by the Marines. They were hunkered down at the tree line across the river. Suddenly, it looked like a swarm of ants crossing the river. They realized if they opened fire, they would be killed, so they buried themselves in the sand and let the VC run over them. Frank carried a B.A.R..

Also worked with the smallest guy to become a Navy Seal. He was Benny Caluya (Phillipino). He was 5'3" and fearless. He joined the Navy and when his ship docked at Vietnam, he saw guys in "Tiger stripes". He asked who they were. When he got back to the states, he joined the Seals.

Latest posts

Back