my boy's 50 ford

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

doghousedevil

picked this car up at an auction last weekend for $600 with a title and a key. this is gonna be a long time project. it belongs to my 8 year old boy. the plan is to lengthen the front doors and weld the back shut. do a chop job and have him a cool ride for high school. and the flat head spun free when we popped the clutch!

Attachments

• josh7.jpg
    josh7.jpg
    192.6 KB · Views: 41
  • josh6.jpg
    josh6.jpg
    158.3 KB · Views: 40
  • josh2.jpg
    josh2.jpg
    144.2 KB · Views: 51
  • josh1.jpg
    josh1.jpg
    161 KB · Views: 47
  • josh5.jpg
    josh5.jpg
    147.4 KB · Views: 60
  • josh4.jpg
    josh4.jpg
    136.2 KB · Views: 55
  • josh3.jpg
    josh3.jpg
    173.7 KB · Views: 33
I'd just redo the drivetrain, rewire and reinterior and drive the tires off it. Looks sweet like it sits now to me :cool:

Shoot if he's anything like I was, he'll have a million miles on it by the time he's 16, 999,999 of em in the drive way ;)
Way ta go Dad !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jim

he looks pleased as punch -- ive told myself the next car i get will be my daughters for hs if she wants it -- if not my boys 2 yrs after her --
been looking - think im gonna go with a valiant -- gives me a toy for 9 yrs
lol and happy kids for at least the same.

I hope my boy (1yr) likes cars as much as your boy seems to. I would love to do something like this someday. Great project!

You going to keep the flathead? Texas heat and a 16 yr-old lead foot has a way of frying those....:D:D

Kudos!! I had the same kind of experiences with my Dad at a young age and well now I'm 42 and we are still having those same times!! I promise that those will be times he will share with his grandkids and great grandkids!!

Way to go DAD!! Now thats what I call investing in the future!![cl[cl[cl[cl

My 2 1/2 year old already helps me tinker around and pretend to work on the cars and bikes with me. I wouldn't have it any other way. Have fun and enjoy!!![cl

Latest posts

Back