My build

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Guilty

Here's some pics of my build. The truck was dropped off yesterday and this is what my dad and I got done so far.

l_1290e8f2a64e39a80e1b0d9357e96a19.jpg

l_0759fe5f42d48c45163921b7650c40c9.jpg

l_e3a18855df0ff563d28d013f442b15a2.jpg

l_c542c458a60b94beb5b2dfbabff54db5.jpg

Last edited:
Wow, that's a beautiful piece to start with. I'll be looking forward to watching this build progress.

Very nice!

Wow... what a nice Christmas present you got u're self there! Be sure & keep us updated!

BoB

Thanks everyone I'm going up there friday to do some more work to it. I'm just using my dad's place for the tear down until I'm ready to bring to my house to start the build back work.

My plans as of right now is to front off and reuse the original front half of the frame and box it in. Then run 2 x 3 3/16 for the rest. Chop and channel of course powered with a 350, turbo 350 transmission and a ford 9 inch rear end.

is that motor on the shelf an extra for the Porsche, or an aircraft engine?...

That is the old motor out of my Dad's plane it spun a bearing. Then we found that the crank is cracked where the prop mounts to it.

Here's what we got done today. Not many pics I was beat to hell by the time we got done.

l_f034894cc0ac8f61b6f99888b044a2b5.jpg

l_e2b67240f0c6d392e596f92616e73efa.jpg

Also does anyone know we I can find the engine number at? The guy said it should be on the frame and on the engine.

going to a nice project. sorry, didnt read much if you stated, but is the truck going to be lowered or whats the plans?

the frame # should be stamped on the left frame rail just forward of the cowl ,

the engine #should be on the left side of the block on a milled flat pad.

Thats allot..looks like 4"...? theres allot of turret top to that body style cab, "just a suggestion" but you might wanna think about taken 2" out of the window area, and 2" out of the turret area of the roof, to avoid havin' the chop job look like a bald guy with squinty eyes when yer done. just a suggestion..chop jobs are always allot of work

I wouldn't take much if any out of the rear window, unless to really want that mail slot look it's just really hard to see out of if at all. I would cut some out above and below and leave the window the same size. IMO

Here's how I did mine. I left the rear window the original size just droppedit 4". Now all of the windows are the same size.
001-6.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks for the help guys I'm going to do the rear window with less chop like 1" or so. I'm not sure what your talking about the turret top?

Latest posts

Back