my cross country trip: rat rod edition

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

joe440

Well we made it back Monday afternoon driving from orange county, CA to western Mass. Truck ran great and didn't have any issues other than changing a tail light bulb i got at a gas station. The truck averaged 20mpg over 3200 miles and diesel cost totaled at $612. It was a great trip and the truck ran better than I ever expected. Didn't take too many pics because the first two days we drove through the night when the desert was cooler (still over 100)
Huntington beach for a farewell beer

All packed ready to go

what the first two days looked like driving

First sunrise in arizona/new mexico

Our view of the Mexican border from our hotel room in el paso TX

Left El Paso around 7pm and drove through the night to Dallas

Made a pit stop at GM garage

Arkansas was probably the nicest driving of the trip

Stopped at beale st in memphis, if you've never been dont worry about going. Its a dump

Getting it rain ready, no wipers just rainX

the alt/air filter cover

my buddy took a little video on his phone of us driving

home sweet home.

Looks like a nice cruise.

Is that a 12 valve cummins? If so you need to do a little tuning on her. She's caple of a lot better mpg then that unless your running monster truck gears lol

I can relate...it's very soul-satisfying to hit the road in something you built with your own two hands, and pull off a journey like that...
...I traveled from Detroit to Oklahoma City, Ok and back by myself back in '97, in my '47 Ford coupe, right after I finished building it in my driveway!...(my new garage wasn't built yet, had to finish this car outside!)

Attachments

• 601989_2977518494568_1523296116_n.jpg
    601989_2977518494568_1523296116_n.jpg
    59.5 KB · Views: 17
Bucket list Skull.....bucket list....

looks like you guys had fun:D

l gotta do something like that before l croak.

what's the red rod with the hemi[dr

Later :cool:

Cool stuff to do before you kick it!!
Totally cool trip.....thanks for sharing......

Latest posts

Back